• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

This made me almost cry.

wow....

Seems like he attempted to install that into a regular PCI slot. I saw on tom's hardware a while ago them taping up the additional PCI-E lanes to make the card like a 1x, 2x, 4x, or 8x card. I wonder if all he sawed off were the additional lanes, it might still work but with like 4x PCI-E lanes.... Though I really doubt it.
 
lol, yea there was a thread about this somewhere on this forum, but i don't know where it's at now. I'm pretty sure its a fake when you look more closely. Plus, I've seen that card posed exactly the same way on a stock image.
 
Oh. My. God! :eek: That's sooo sad!!! :( The person who did that horrible thing to the poor graphics card should never be allowed to come close to anything tech-related, especially PC's... :mad:
 
Fake, that image has been through PhotoShop.
From Image information:
ITEM: Software
VALUE: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows.

And when you resize the image you cleary see traces of tampering above the blue line.
Enlarged section

Terra - Someone tampered with that image...
 
yeah, you can tell its all blurry even without resizing it, and the grain is alot different where they are missing, its darker
 
I dont care if it is fake....youd have to be fucking insane to take a saw to a $500 video card. Unless you had money falling out your ass.
 
I would say all that believe that the image is not fake, are more dumb than the guy who made that fake picture ;)

Terra - Some people will belive anything ;)
 
Terra said:
Fake, that image has been through PhotoShop.
From Image information:
ITEM: Software
VALUE: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows.

And when you resize the image you cleary see traces of tampering above the blue line.
Enlarged section

Terra - Someone tampered with that image...


Good work! i knew no one is that stupid.
 
Terra said:
I would say all that believe that the image is not fake, are more dumb than the guy who made that fake picture ;)

Terra - Some people will belive anything ;)

I know right! The people were dumb enough to leave that blue line in the picture ;)
 
Erasmus354 said:
I know right! The people were dumb enough to leave that blue line in the picture ;)

*LOOOOOOOOOOOOL*

Terra - Now where did that blue line come from? :D
 
its a shop >.> i saw the post that was from look at the pic you can see were it was just photo shoped
 
Yeah, I think the photoshop properties alone scream "I'm totally not real. Honestly.". But the idea of someone paying $500 for a card then cutting pieces off is pretty damn hard to believe. Good way to get some attention tho.
 
Yeah, I think he did it just to get a bunch of computer geeks (no offense anyone :D) all upset about it. I wouldn't deny that he succeeded.
 
I had a simular situation with a customer at the repair/build shop that I work at.

A customer had callled and said he put in a new video card that he had bought for his computer. And he said when he turned it on that he heard a sound like something was frying. Then he said flames and smoke was coming from his computer so he grabbed it and threw it outside in the snow (it was winter at the time). He wanted to bring his computer in to see if we could figure out what caused this to happen and if there was anything our shop could do to repair it. I was trying hard to supress my laughter and thought that this whole thing was a joke, so I told him to bring it on in and wrote down his name on a service/repair sheet that we use at the shop.

I asked Jim(owner and my partner in crime) if he recognized the name, or if he had worked on his computer in the past. Jim said he worked on this guys computer a year ago and said the guy attemped to eject the tray on his cdrom drive while a cd was spinning. He used a knife because it would not open and never thought about turning the computer off and then back on or anything else. And in the process he managed to agitate things enough for the cd to shatter and strip the gears for the tray. It was an older Compaq piece of junk. To put it simply, this guy was a moron and in a short while we would see what in the world he did.

So he shows up with this charred black, still smells like its burning, dripping water because he threw it in the snow, mangled,disfigured Compaq. Who knows what else he did to this computer, we were just so in I guess you could call it shock at the time that we never took pictures :eek: .

We then took a look at it, obvious total loss, would have taken to much time to grab some power tools in an attempt to open it up. The only thing we noticed beside the obvious condition that it came in was a hole, probably about the size of a silver dollar on the motherboard side of the case that looked like would be about where the installed video card would be.Then we asked him if he had any problems installing the video card, he replied,
"The card would not fit at first, then I noticed this funny notch on the card was preventing me from putting it in so I used my dremel to remove the notch and it fit in just fine."

After we heard that we forced ourselves to contain the laughter and cursing at him untill he left, so we simply told him that it was a total loss and that we would throw it away for him at no charge and then he left. Then we let the cursing and laughing at him commence.

Jim mentioned that this Compaq had a PCI slot for a video card for bypassing the onboard video it had when he had to remove the cdrom drive when it was last worked on. Then it was obvious to me what he did, he bought an AGP video card, and when he saw it did not fit, he used a dremel to make it fit in the PCI slot and then simply turned the computer on, which started the symphony of destruction :rolleyes: .

And that is where my quote in my sig came from :D
 
Its actually real, not a photochop. Yes PS was used to put the image together, as you can see its a screenie from another tech forum...Lots of people use PS for random image editing.

I saw this awhile back, what a moron, hehe.
 
Dillusion said:
Its actually real, not a photochop. Yes PS was used to put the image together, as you can see its a screenie from another tech forum...Lots of people use PS for random image editing.

I saw this awhile back, what a moron, hehe.

Care to explain the obvious pixeltampering then? :)

Terra...
 
It's so obvious that it's fake. The video card is poorly cropped. There's no shadow casting anywhere at all. The lighting of the card and the "wood" is different.
 
yeah, you can see a grey block on the right hand side of the card where the background should be showing through

funny though.
 
ya know if he was having problems before he cut anything i would have gladly taken the "defective card" :D
 
Obviously a fake because there is no way he could have cut through it so cleanly. Still funny though!
 
plus, the story is bogus too.

He starts out by saying that he bought the card, and had to mod it before it'd fit in the PC. Then he says it doesn't work now, implying that at some point, he had used the card and it had functioned. However, if he had to mod the card before it'd even fit in the box, how is this possible? Just a small observation. The "now it doesn't work" line really doesn't make sense, and seems to be added in for "dumbass" effect.
 
Terra said:
Care to explain the obvious pixeltampering then? :)

Terra...

So.. why exactly do you put Terra at the end of every post, along with some random text?

Tengis - Hmm... I wonder

T3/\/gis- Yep...

omfg - raaar!
 
if this was real and i saw the guy that posted it.... I'd tell him to super glue it back on. :p

But that is still very sad
 
acloserlook.jpg



Artist's Rendition.
 
Tengis said:
So.. why exactly do you put Terra at the end of every post, along with some random text?

Tengis - Hmm... I wonder

T3/\/gis- Yep...

omfg - raaar!

I use a "dynamic" signature.
I prefer that over a static signature ;)

Terra - Old habbit, but I like it :)
 
Back
Top