This is where the real Infinity Ward went now called Respawn Entertainment and look

More class based military styled shooters. Great. One day, maybe we'll get to play as an agile soldier in a one-class arena style shooter where you can carry 8 balanced weapons and someone will claim it's revolutionary.

I heard the people who made Diablo are working on a secret project called Torchlight.

Nothing wrong with raising awareness for Respawn and Titanfall. I'm looking forward to it and I'm looking forward to supporting Respawn Entertainment.

More class based military styled shooters. Great. One day, maybe we'll get to play as an agile soldier in a one-class arena style shooter where you can carry 8 balanced weapons and someone will claim it's revolutionary.

LOL :D

Cant wait for that day!!!!

I so miss Unreal Tournament :(

Maybe UT 4 will be the next 2004? No idea why they took a step back, 04 had tons of improvements over 99... and then they just dumbed it down.

Maybe UT 4 will be the next 2004? No idea why they took a step back, 04 had tons of improvements over 99... and then they just dumbed it down.

Cliffy B is why. That guy was a clown, now that he is gone, I have high hopes for the new UT. Hopefully they will ignore all the Battlefield and Call of Duty games mucking up the market and actually make something we can all (the fans of the series) appreciate.

What new Unreal Tournament? They haven't announced UT4 at all.

Errrmmmm... no, not really.

Part of the problem was that 2003 changed things drastically from UT99. The double jump, dodge jump, rapid weapon switch times, wall dodge, combined with much weaker weapons meant 2003 was a UT in name only, it played and felt nothing like UT99. It was UT99 clown mode.

I didn't hate it, but a massive amount of the community fucking hated it. They deliberately published cheats and didn't move over. Outside of a brief jump at initial release, UT99 had more players for all of 2003's existence. They also released Unreal 2, which was another fucking debacle that had little in common with the game that came before it, and then tacked on XMP multiplayer later. But both were easy mode compared to UT99 and Unreal.

UT 2004 actually rolled things back. Things like weapon switch times were slowed down a bit. They needed to fix the fact that they'd royally pissed their fan base off with ut2003. However they couldn't just sell "UT 2004, we rolled some shit back that could have been done in a patch" to people, so they tacked on Onslaught. Onslaught was noob central and never a serious gametype... though the return of assault (again rolling things back to UT99) was nice. But all remotely good UT 2004 people were still TDM and CTF.

What's even worse is that they actually went out and killed off Unreal 2 XMP before the release of UT 2004 to trying and put more people in that game to make it work, ie more of Epic Shitty Games shooting themselves in the dick. XMP wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination... but it was actually pretty good, vastly better than Onslaught. Of course killing this off pissed off even more people in their community.

By the time UT3 came they'd split their community in half with UT2003 vs UT99, and that half never came back to them. People who weren't stupid were pissed that UT2004 was pretty much the same damn game as UT2003 with a few minor roll backs and they got charged for the same game twice. The people who enjoyed XMP (which was gaining speed for a while) were pissed that their game got all it's servers yanked and was deliberately destroyed by Epic to promote onslaught. A good portion of people just didn't buy UT3, the system requirements were too damn high as well. Epic dragged their ass on fixing it because it wasn't doing well, and by the time they did the game was dead.

The Unreal series after UT99 is a non stop tale of Epic screwing over their fans, tripping over their own dick and shooting themselves in the face. It's as if at each step they thought "how can we fuck this up in the biggest way possible".

Where have u been since last year?

Link or it never happened. Googling "Unreal Tournament 4" and "Unreal Tournament 2014" reveals no official announcements, just a lot of forum threads stating that they want a new UT game. Like this one.

Link or it never happened. Googling "Unreal Tournament 4" and "Unreal Tournament 2014" reveals no official announcements, just a lot of forum threads stating that they want a new UT game. Like this one.

They sorta stated they aren't going to make a new one. The original games were made by Epic and DE... who split up. Unreal 2 was a failure compared to Unreal, and the Unreal Tournament franchise tripped up at Unreal Tournament 2003 and then cratered at Unreal 3.

The franchise is dead, though they have other ones now so it's not that big of a deal.

They sorta stated they aren't going to make a new one. The original games were made by Epic and DE... who split up. Unreal 2 was a failure compared to Unreal, and the Unreal Tournament franchise tripped up at Unreal Tournament 2003 and then cratered at Unreal 3.

The franchise is dead, though they have other ones now so it's not that big of a deal.

Exactly my point. There is no Unreal 4, Unreal Tournament 4, Unreal Tournament 2014, etc.

Cliffy B is why. That guy was a clown, now that he is gone, I have high hopes for the new UT. Hopefully they will ignore all the Battlefield and Call of Duty games mucking up the market and actually make something we can all (the fans of the series) appreciate.

Cliffy B wasn't involved in the development of UT3, believe it or not.

Exactly my point. There is no Unreal 4, Unreal Tournament 4, Unreal Tournament 2014, etc.

Technically it would be Unreal 3. Unreal 2 was the last one of the main franchise. They split with DE around then. If it was up to me....

Just release "Unreal" as a game. Keep the single player as the classic Unreal. Make the "Unreal Tournament" part of it just classic DM/TDM/CTF/Assault UT99 style and don't bother with vehicles. Make the large maps and vehicles part of it XMP style with classes and all of that.

All of those things worked. They all failed when they made a hash out of it and tried to combine all of it into a big toxic stew and started canceling games.

lol couldn't agree more. So many new shooters coming out and they all are sooo meh. Same shit different appearance.

lol couldn't agree more. So many new shooters coming out and they all are sooo meh. Same shit different appearance.

There are only so many different ways to make a shooter. Eventually everything will contain the DNA of something else. Furthermore the bigger the budget (all those graphics and explosions people love really drive it up) the more it becomes "thou must sell 10 million copies or this is a bust" which means they will stick to the safest formula possible.

We are way past the age where anything with AAA visuals will be remotely innovative.

Didn't mean to be a jerk OP posting that video from Geicho. I have always wanted to use that in a post. I am really looking forward to this game though. This fall's pc releases have been incredibly underwhelming and it has been awhile since I have been excited for a multiplayer shooter.

Didn't mean to be a jerk OP posting that video from Geicho. I have always wanted to use that in a post. I am really looking forward to this game though. This fall's pc releases have been incredibly underwhelming and it has been awhile since I have been excited for a multiplayer shooter.

Me too, I also saw the presentation they did for the game in a Game Conference in Australia and it was awesome, can't wait to play this shit.

I`m not much of a CliffyB fan, but he did make some pretty good maps for original Unreal Tournament so he`s not a total loss. ;) But when he starts to get involved in actual game mechanics... Things don`t always look so rosy.

Technically it would be Unreal 3.

If it had a single player campaign, yeah. I said Unreal 4 just to be comprehensive about the utter lack of future this series has. And notice that caddys83 still hasn't replied. :rolleyes:

Back