this is ridiculous

Ihaveworms

Ukfay Ancerkay
Is It just me, or does this thing seem ridiculous? I can see people slinging their mouse around and bump into something, breaking the fan off.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/30/thermaltake-cyclone-edition-gaming-mouse/

thermaltake-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thermaltake is the pioneer of ridiculous. I'm quite fond of how silly their designs are.

I one thing that was stuck on my mind a little longer than it should was whether "an airflow of 2.4 cubic feet a minute" was a lot or not

actually I could use a cooled mouse?
Is that the only one cooled by any means ? :p

i actually kind of like the idea..my hand does get a little sweaty on my steelseries sensi..

I vaguely remember Yoshi modding a fan into a mouse on an episode of the Screen Savers... way back when.

Personally, I'm waiting on an HSF mouse that I can thermal paste onto my hand. :p

It would make more sense to have a fan inside the mouse. Except for the fact that the holes would get gummed up and it would be a nightmare to clean.

Tends to be under the hand that gets hot and sweaty, not the top.

To me the problem is the design is so poor. They could have built a mouse like any other mouse but just make it all out of screen or mesh plastic, them mounted the fan inside blowing up. It would have served the same purpose, added grip, and not been nearly as out of balance or whacky looking.

What if it was a hovermouse that used a cushion of air instead of mouse skates :D

It would serve dual purpose, mouse gliding and the air movement would keep your hand cool.

Shouldn't the fan be signed and endorsed by some FPS scene big name, to make it advertised like "pro gamers choice"? :)

Shouldn't the fan be signed and endorsed by some FPS scene big name, to make it advertised like "pro gamers choice"? :)

Cant FPS scene big names no longer exist since PC gaming on the competitive side is pretty dead. =[

What if it was a hovermouse that used a cushion of air instead of mouse skates :D

It would serve dual purpose, mouse gliding and the air movement would keep your hand cool.

Now THAT would be cool. I don't know if I'm the only one that gets this issue but seems any mouse I use with occasionally suddenly feel really rough and I can't actually see what's causing it, after rubbing it enough it's fine but it gets to a point where I can't get rid of the roughness. A gliding mouse would totally solve that. :D

That or an air hockey table mouse pad. :p

Now THAT would be cool. I don't know if I'm the only one that gets this issue but seems any mouse I use with occasionally suddenly feel really rough and I can't actually see what's causing it, after rubbing it enough it's fine but it gets to a point where I can't get rid of the roughness. A gliding mouse would totally solve that. :D

That or an air hockey table mouse pad. :p

oh hell yeah! an air hockey style mouse pad........... beats my hovermouse idea ;)

rub the mouse skates on your forehead from time to time... the oil in your skin makes it glide like you have never seen.

I used to have a cheap mouse from xoxide that had a fan that blew on your hand through slits in the palm area. It wasn't the most comfortable mouse, but my hands never got sweaty :\

such a lame idea, can't believe it made it to production.

...you're kidding, right? c'mon. if there's a market for snuggies, those stupid swivel spice racks (that actually use more room than they "save"), and sham-wows, there's some market for this. never doubt the stupidity of the human consumer.

It's been common knowledge for almost 2 decades now that Thermaltake products are designed solely to cater to a "certain" demographic. And I'll just stop right there because I don't wanna be branded an elitist.

Back