• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

This is reference, right?

It isn't reference, it has some odd handle on it. Otherwise, it looks reference
 
link im looking at says OEM Alienware... the extender on the back is common from OEM's like Dell, Hp etc to secure the cards, has no bearing on reference or not... the heatsink look like the reference ones... the new ones have the fan in the middle
 
its reference... im pretty of that cuz of that AMD logo on the
PCB... only AMD has the right to print its name on that piece of plastic... cuz if it wasnt reference then u wouldnt find AMD's logo on it... idk about the back plate... it MIGHT be an engineering sample cuz ive never seen OEMs with that kind of back plate...
 
I'd guess that it is from the description. It explains the oem bracket as well.
 
It's a reference cooler, which means a reference layout. I've yet to see any card that uses the reference cooler but doesn't follow reference specs.
 
Good to know. Would I need to load another bios for Afterburner or should I be fine as is?
 
That "weird handle" is just a support brace. Its actually pretty standard in OEM PCs and servers. It supports the card on it internal in. Your case may even have slots for it on the backside of your hard drive cage.

The card is 100% AMD OEM, it was just produced for Alienware/Dell who use that bracing.
 
Good to know. Would I need to load another bios for Afterburner or should I be fine as is?

Afterburner will allow voltage control without having to use another BIOS. Just be sure to unlock the ability by going into the set-up/option screen.
 
As an FYI I know I got an engineering sample and it just looks like a reference card, no strange back plate, that seems like just an OEM add-on to a reference card.

You'll know right away if you got an engineering sample or not when you try to install anything newer than 10.1 and it just boots to a black screen instead of the desktop. There's a registry fix you need to put in to get the ES cards to install the 10.2+ drivers.
 
Afterburner will allow voltage control without having to use another BIOS. Just be sure to unlock the ability by going into the set-up/option screen.

Time to check guru3d on a how to for that xD

ty for all the answers everyone
 
Back
Top