• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

This is gettin annoying

Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
2,309
I have Resident Evil: Apocalypse and I have a DVD ripper, DVD Decrypter. For some reason, maybe Im not selecting the right file type, but i cant rip it onto my laptop so i can watch it at college when im bored. Mind you this dvd is a store bought version, and I dont intend to sell, its for my own use. WHat can i do? Help?
 
oVerCaffeinated said:
If you're not going to be editing it, I'd rip it as an ISO.
Alright, it comes out to 8 and a half gigs as an ISO, any way to get it down to around 4-5 gigs? I dont care about quality too much, because it wont be that bad, but I dont want it taking up 1/8 of my hard drive...
 
use DVDShrink.

do a search and i'm pretty sure you'll be able to find it.

great program and usually can compress it down to about 4 GB

dave


 
i have dvd shrink, thats what i used ot make an iso, how do i use DVD shrink to make it 4-5 gigs? Thanks
 
also, which one do i want, ISO read or iso write?

EDIT: Wrong program, i was using dvd decrypter, what do i do to compress it in shrink besides the edit thing? How do i get myself an ISO?

I go to open disc in DVD SHrink, about 15% thru, it says cycle redundancy error, BTW this is that new sony encryption that arcchoss thing, DVD shrink down with that?
 
quiksilverx181 said:
also, which one do i want, ISO read or iso write?

EDIT: Wrong program, i was using dvd decrypter, what do i do to compress it in shrink besides the edit thing? How do i get myself an ISO?

I go to open disc in DVD SHrink, about 15% thru, it says cycle redundancy error, BTW this is that new sony encryption that arcchoss thing, DVD shrink down with that?
Actually, just tell me how to do it on DVD Decrypter, that seems to do the trick better. ISO Read or Write, and how do i get it to 5gb with that program? THanks
 
quiksilverx181 said:
Actually, just tell me how to do it on DVD Decrypter, that seems to do the trick better. ISO Read or Write, and how do i get it to 5gb with that program? THanks

i don't use that program so honestly, i won't be of much help to you.

dave


 
dave_graham said:
i don't use that program so honestly, i won't be of much help to you.

dave


Well can you walk me through the DVD shrink program then? I looked at online guides, but they didnt do me justice. Thanks
 
quiksilverx181 said:
Well can you walk me through the DVD shrink program then? I looked at online guides, but they didnt do me justice. Thanks

when i get a free moment, i'll try...prolly will be tomorrow...i've got a meeting coming up in 5 minutes.

dave


 
Back
Top