This is friggin WEIRD.

MAXX RS4

Limp Gawd
Lately I've been having a problem with my WinXP. When I restart my computer, I get SYSTEM DISK errors.

If I put in the XP cd, it goes through with the installation crap. That's normal. But, if I put in say a flash card into my reader or a zip into the drive so I get the invalid disk error, I can remove that and hit enter and so long as the XP cd is in, the comp will boot up normally.

It's kind of annoying because to successfully reboot, I HAVE to have the cd in, plus something to give myself the invalid disk error.

This is the second time it's happened to me, and hte first time I just reinstalled xp and it went away until about 3 weeks later, starting yesterday.

Everything is setup correctly in bios as far as boot sequences go too.. Any suggestions or tips or something?

Check your harddrive, motherboard, memory and power supply. In that order.

Although if it were a powersupply problem, it'd be really odd.

Go to the HD manufacture's web site, they should have utilities to check a drive. There are various places to get memtest for your memory. I'm not sure how to do the mobo, and I just check the values of the power supply in the bios ( +-5 volt line, ect... )

Back