This guy has 36 WoW accounts

To each his own. Personally I see it as sad and pathetic.

Contradiction is fun isn't it :p

Anyway its his money and time , let him do what he wishes with it. Its not a destructive usage of his money (well maybe to his marriage) , I remember people doing this for EQ and frankly it sounds fun, it does have the crazy requirements of so many PCs, power issues and macro programs to deal with but it still sounds fun.

I think its funny to find people calling this guy's fun "sad and pathetic" when they probably go out any buy very silly things like buying 3-4000 dollars worth of rims to put on there 1992 used Honda with 170k miles. Atleast this guy is doing something fun with his money.

Contradiction is fun isn't it :p

Anyway its his money and time , let him do what he wishes with it. Its not a destructive usage of his money (well maybe to his marriage) , I remember people doing this for EQ and frankly it sounds fun, it does have the crazy requirements of so many PCs, power issues and macro programs to deal with but it still sounds fun.

I think its funny to find people calling this guy's fun "sad and pathetic" when they probably go out any buy very silly things like buying 3-4000 dollars worth of rims to put on there 1992 used Honda with 170k miles. Atleast this guy is doing something fun with his money.

Its not a contradiction to have an opinion on someone without really caring one way or another. I personally agree that its kind of disgusting, particularly since I would find it highly unlikely that he isn't completely obsessed with the game. But, ultimately I don't really care, he can spend his money on whatever he wants, I just think he's an idiot for choosing to spend it on this.

I would say the same thing to someone who bought rims for their pos car. Which, by the way, you completely contradicted yourself on...

Its not a contradiction to have an opinion on someone without really caring one way or another. I personally agree that its kind of disgusting, particularly since I would find it highly unlikely that he isn't completely obsessed with the game. But, ultimately I don't really care, he can spend his money on whatever he wants, I just think he's an idiot for choosing to spend it on this.

I would say the same thing to someone who bought rims for their pos car. Which, by the way, you completely contradicted yourself on...

According to Aristotle's law of noncontradiction “One cannot say of something that it is and that it is not in the same respect and at the same time.” Pretty sure I said what he did wasn't that bad at all.
Looks like a contradiction to me.

Anyways not gonna clog this up with sematics.

What a loser. Rather than waste over five thousand dollars a year on a video game, he should do something for his community with it or donate it to charity. Truly sad. This has to be one of the worst cases of self-indulgence I have ever read.

Then again he could be a trustfund baby and in the multi-millionaire category. Don't all the rich buy lots of expensive shit and keep the economy going. Wasting money on frivilous things and investing in companies, traveling the world and giving a ton a money away to tourist companies.

Nope it is the masses who keep the economy going as they outnumber the rich by a hell of a lot.

Can anyone post the article here please? I cannot access the website from work and thank you in advance :)

Impressive, yet ultimately kind of sad. Gold-farming makes sense though. We need more tech and finance details!

I shit my pants, laughing at the comments:

Tony:
"I really want to see what this nerd looks like. People like this have all but given up on any sort of social life. I bet he’s never even touched a girl before, not even his mom."

Druidz: "I’m betting this guy is really Stephen Hawking…"

SiNX:

"This guy will never have kids, for 2 reasons:

1) He has never seen a vagina.

2) The radiation from all those PCs will fry his balls quicker than a snowball on the sun."

Meh I was 5 boxing in WoW prior to moving over to WAR. Nothing wrong with it or this really. He's just better at it and more committed than most people.

Complaining about him wasting money is a bit ignorant. $5k a year is bugger all to a lot of people with expensive hobbies, myself included.

So if this guy has 36 accounts, that means blizzard is counting him as, what, about 30,000 subsciptions? :p

"PvP, Raiding capitol cities, maybe some instances in the future"

Let me be the first to say, this guy is brilliant! He's very smart to say all those things, because truthfully, I can bet you he is a one-man gold farming machine.

For the money he spends on this, I bet he's making 5x more on farming. Its brilliant really. I bet he even sells to the chinese farmers for a discount. Its a what? 500 million dollar a year industry. I know this guy is making some serious cash from this.

Thats the first thing I thought when I saw this! I bet your right!

Nope I've seen 50+ before. Not sure how well they were played though. They were still leveling when I saw them.

I multiboxed 2 toons (my account and the wifes account) but I didnt have much fun. Too much micromanagement. People who multibox several toons usually are into the boxing more than the game.

I multiboxed 2 toons (my account and the wifes account) but I didnt have much fun. Too much micromanagement. People who multibox several toons usually are into the boxing more than the game.

Had friends multi box, they like it and if set up right can by quite fun and hassle free. Using whisper cast and some other tools. My friend has his key board laid out for mage/pally combo and a rogue/druid combo. Still easy to kill the healer if timing is right. :D

What I like to do when I see multi boxers, is figure out how coordinated they are. If they are terrible, I kill one player. Wait for him to ghost run back, then kill the other player. Pure comedy gold.

36 boxen is a bit crazy though. If you can afford it, and enjoy it, why not. "Take all things in moderation, even World of Warcraft"

Back