This Guy Claims He Is The Creator Of Bitcoin

HardOCP News

[H] News
Remember the guy that popped up awhile back claiming to be the creator of bitcoin? Well, he's in the news again...claiming to be the creator of bitcoin. I'm not sure what is different from the last time he claimed to be Satoshi Nakamoto but, for some reason, people are taking him a little more seriously now.

Apparently he has technical proof. Dunno... Either way I don't see why he'd want to out himself other than to satisfy his ego. It's going to cost him a lot of money...

Last edited:
Sell a few of the fabled "Satoshi Block" and maybe someone will believe you, fraud.

Why is Charlie Sheen posing as this guy.

rs_1024x759-151116112932-1024.charlie-sheen.cm.111615.jpg

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure he never previously claimed to be Satoshi. Wired Magazine, was sent some hacked e-mails that pointed to him being the creator and they ran the story making the guy's life hell. People looking into the evidence and said that there were too many clues leading back to him, almost like he fabricated the trail.

Apparently he has technical proof. Dunno... Either way I don't see why he'd want to out himself other than to satisfy his ego. It's going to cost him a lot of money...

If you read the article he stated that the media forced his hand. Gizmodo and other publications kept trying to investigate who it was and when they were certain they had his identity, they began to harass his relatives and other people in his life.

He never wanted any of the attention that he is currently getting but it finally got to the point where he couldn't keep his identity a secret. I applaud the guy for creating Bitcoin for selfless reasons.

Bit Coin is Hash Rate garbage I wish I got in on it back in 2010
I mined several coins back then, right when it started. I don't remember how I learned about it. I just thought it would be something fun to do, like Seti@home. I have since lost the hard drive that contains the bitcoins. I prefer not to dwell on it, because it is A LOT of money.

Still doesn't seem to be ironclad. Says to have presented proof centered around an early transaction, but why not simply fire off a transaction from the Satoshi owned blocks?

Or maybe he is the founder, yet lost his private key. C'mon, that shit would be hilarious. "Dog ate your homework? Fuck that, my dog ate $450 million dollars."

Sell a few of the fabled "Satoshi Block" and maybe someone will believe you, fraud.

It's bad enough the Australian government is already on this guy for tax reasons...I seriously doubt he has any plans to make it completely known that he is in possession of $450 million worth of Bitcoin.

Once one of those blocks shows up in the ledger you can bet he'll have tax auditors on his ass.

If you read the article he stated that the media forced his hand. Gizmodo and other publications kept trying to investigate who it was and when they were certain they had his identity, they began to harass his relatives and other people in his life.

He never wanted any of the attention that he is currently getting but it finally got to the point where he couldn't keep his identity a secret. I applaud the guy for creating Bitcoin for selfless reasons.

If you read the article, what he's saying is "technical proof" is something anyone could have just extracted from the blockchain, which is public.

I am not sure why this is such a big deal or argument. If he created Bitcoin (which I doubt) fine. If not, fine. I don't care.

Yeah I read about it... Could be, so many stories around this... One person developing this could be, but it's an awefully hard thing for one person to do. Another story has him, (or the bitcoin creator) saying they pre-emptively released the code to undercut the IMF. Who knows...

But the media likes simple stories, and having 1 person develope bitcoin on his rogue computer fits that perspective perfectly.

Oh... Who would've guessed... :rolleyes:

Mind you I have to say it's a great way to get reporters off your back one way or another if they are being annoying.

Back