This fan controller, yay or nay?

joethemole

Gawd
ok i'm new to the whole idea of fan controllers. i saw this one for pretty cheap:

http://mirror.memoryexpress.net/ProductDetail.php?DisplayProductID=2276

i currently have a 3000rpm 32dba cpu fan. i'm not sure if it is 3 pin power connector or not...
but more importantly than that, will the controller reduce my noise alot without compromising cooling? i currently have my xpm-2500 at 2.525 ghz 1.725vcore, and doing 40-43c idle. i mean, if this thing is only going to reduce the speed without lowering a lot of noise, i would be better off using one of my 2500rpm fans which does like 27dba.

is it worth it?

if you want cheaper... make your own fanbus

futhurmore there is no price for it in the link link you gave

NAY to all fan controllers. Get a mobo that does fancontrol, and let it control fan speed based on thermal needs. If the system is too loud, it's because it needs the fans that fast to stay cool.

Yah but motherboards only let you plug in 1-3 system fans...what if you have a Lian Li or something... :(

Hey, that's the place I'm planning on buying my system. I'm just waiting for the videocard and the motherboards to come in.

potroast said:
NAY to all fan controllers. Get a mobo that does fancontrol, and let it control fan speed based on thermal needs. If the system is too loud, it's because it needs the fans that fast to stay cool.

furthurmore on powerful fans such as tornadoes, the mobo's fan controller can't provide the current needed to run the fans

Back