This Changes Everything (Farcry)

Originally posted by Vagrant Zero
DOOM3 won't have outdoors PERIOD. Is this so fucking hard to grasp? The game sets on Mars. Outdoors on Mars = YOU DIE LIKE ASS.

How do you know? Have you played it? Until it comes out and there is full proof, you'll never know. There is confirmation that you will go into Hell. So who knows just what kind of outdoors you'll go into. That doesnt mean it's an island paradise outdoors, but I highly doubt that Hell is just a series of tunnels. :rolleyes:

Your last statement nullifies any comment you have made. This isnt the something-awful forums. ;) (had to split it up cause it was !!!!!!! out :( )

The demo vs the retail is different. MUCH different.

Graphics are enchanced in the final product, as is the enemy AI and behaviour.

The code has also been optimized quite a bit. The demo would run like ass with the high quality water enabled. In the retail version, it runs smoove! :)

The story line is quite nice, and when you guys get to the later levels you'll be like OMG doom3 will have NOTHING on how scary this can get :)

Well at least you'll be like well, Farcry did this x months ago.

The single player has been VERY VERY good. Best since Half-Life

Originally posted by Stanley Pain
The demo vs the retail is different. MUCH different.

Graphics are enchanced in the final product, as is the enemy AI and behaviour.

The code has also been optimized quite a bit. The demo would run like ass with the high quality water enabled. In the retail version, it runs smoove! :)

The story line is quite nice, and when you guys get to the later levels you'll be like OMG doom3 will have NOTHING on how scary this can get :)

Well at least you'll be like well, Farcry did this x months ago.

The single player has been VERY VERY good. Best since Half-Life

I believe this man.

My drool is going to short out my keyboard waiting for this game. wednesday can't get here fast enough.

It is going to rule, It comes out here on Friday, I'll get that too.

BF:V UT2004 and Farcry in a week. Damn thats some good gaming :)

Originally posted by Iratus
It is going to rule, It comes out here on Friday, I'll get that too.

BF:V UT2004 and Farcry in a week. Damn thats some good gaming :)

And here I was thinking, damn no good games have been out in recent times (KOTOR being the last great one).

Then BAM, like eleventeen wicked games :p

For some reason, while I am playing in-game (demo) the textures and graphics start going bad and it all goes to shit. This happens after like 5 minutes of gameplay. Of course, my system is pretty antequated:

AMD 2000+
512mb PC2100
GF3 Ti 200 (64mb)

I have to run the game at 640x480x32 for it to be playable. Is there a way to make it 16 instead of 32?

Originally posted by WickedAngel
my sound is all fuged in the game, its crackling like a motha![/quote

Thank Asus. Our motherboards come with mechanical crackling as a feature.
at least im not the only one. its only this game though, weird

my asus does it too...mostly going between indoors and outdoors...seems to crackle when changing from squishy grass sounds to echoing concrete....oh well...im too cheap to buy a soundcard...lol i spring for my whole 1337 system and i wont drop $60 on a soundblaster....oh well...maybe for doom3 and hl2 i will

farcry just doesnt seem to do it for me...its fun, but not omfg im going out to buy this....i dont like the look of the monster in the demo

oh and as pretty as the environment is, a tropical paradise doesnt seem to make a nice spot for a sci-fi action spook game

doom 3 and half-life 2 and stalker will probably house this game

Originally posted by {EB}NuTSymPToM{EB}
farcry just doesnt seem to do it for me...its fun, but not omfg im going out to buy this....i dont like the look of the monster in the demo

oh and as pretty as the environment is, a tropical paradise doesnt seem to make a nice spot for a sci-fi action spook game

doom 3 and half-life 2 and stalker will probably house this game

trust me the full game is much better than the demo, which was rather boring

the monsters are tremendous fun in the full game

Pre-orderd at my EB this afternoon. Demo blew me away, and I've heard nothing but good things from the people who have the full version.

Damn, I bought my 9700Pro when it first came out thinking it'd last me through college, but after playing Farcry I'm wanting more.

To tell you the truth, when I played the demo I was mildly entertained. It was good, but not OMFG TEH HAWTNESS! :p

So when my friend brought me a copy of the game (how nice of him :) ), I was like, okay lets check it out. But I wasn't drooling.

Now having played the retail version of the game for the last few days, I must say it is VERY VERY good.

I'd say that retail vs demo is almost a night and day experience. Everything in the retail version has been tweaked and revamped.

AI, Graphics, controls, game play and feel. EVERYTHING is quite a lot better.

I'd highly reccomend this game to ANYONE who enjoys a good FPS (and this one is DAMN good).

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Originally posted by WickedAngel
my sound is all fuged in the game, its crackling like a motha![/quote

Thank Asus. Our motherboards come with mechanical crackling as a feature.

My abit came with that added option also. Your blaming the wrong folks though. This is NVIDIAS problem not Asus/Abit etc

Originally posted by SKiTLz
My abit came with that added option also. Your blaming the wrong folks though. This is NVIDIAS problem not Asus/Abit etc

How is it Nvidia's, unless it's an Nvidia chipset? There are Intel boards that have the exact same problem. I had an IS7-G from Abit that did it. Now I have a Asus P4P800-d and don't have it...although I know numerous reports of the crackling/staticky sound on p4p800's.

I'd almost lean toward something with IRQ's or drivers...or even the Codec that it's all based on.

Originally posted by nst6563
How is it Nvidia's, unless it's an Nvidia chipset? There are Intel boards that have the exact same problem. I had an IS7-G from Abit that did it. Now I have a Asus P4P800-d and don't have it...although I know numerous reports of the crackling/staticky sound on p4p800's.

I'd almost lean toward something with IRQ's or drivers...or even the Codec that it's all based on.

The boards were talking about are NFORCE2 boards. It's a known problem with the southbridge on these boards.

So yea I do know what Im talking about. And yes its NVIDIA problem.

Originally posted by nst6563
IMO, It looks relly cool, but the character movement leaves a LOT to be desired. The enemies move too sporadic and non-human like.

Have you played both demos? In the original demo, I noticed the odd movement, and the enemy models controting themselves into some very strange and unnatural positions when searching for you.

However, with the research lab demo, they behaved much better with only the occasional odd behavior like cycling in between cover points. (I sniped a radio so they couldn't call for air support, and three guys duck for cover. 1 &3 get the cover, and 2 jsut sort of spasticly runs between the spots 1&3 are hiding).

Hopefully, that improvement is apparant throughout the retail game.

It's surprising what a bit of tweaking to the code can do for a game.

Change the dynamics of the AI and weapons, and the game plays and feels TOTALLY different.

The demo felt a little awkward(sp?). The AI was quirky at best, and the weapons had a very "loose" feel to them. Not to mention that at the uber settings, it ran like a dogs ass on my system.

Come retail, AI is very very good (still some quirks but nothing game breaking), and the weapons feel very nice. Weapons handle well for a game of this calibre.

One thing I noticed is that the soldiers no longer say as many silly things when they are hunting you (other than I'm gonna shoot you in the face :p). Some of the conversations that you can "spy" on are pretty funny, and add some nice comic value.

All in all, pretty damn flawless execution on this game retail wise. Kudos to the CryTech team on this one. They sprung a wicked game on us without any crazy hype (THaT's the way it's meant to be released)

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

skitlz is right (I forgot about that)

I still blame them for settling on the technology to begin with. I'm listening to a faint buzzing sound in my headphones as I type this.

Back