This any good?

Quasimodo

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 23, 2003
Messages
87
This look ok? This system is for business use so no overclocking or even CD burner is needed.


2 x 512MB, 184-pin DIMM Upgrade for a MSI (Micro Star) MS-6540G (661FM-L)
169.98

INWIN 3G Screwless BLACK MICROATX TOWER with USB2.0 With 250W.12V Power Supply INTEL 3.06 GHz Ready, Model "IW-V523G.250FU2D"
Specifications:
Case Type: Mini Tower
Color: Black
Material: Steel
Drive Bays: 5.25'' x2,3.5''(External) x2, 3.5''(Internal) x1
Expansion Slots: 4
Front Ports: USB2.0 x2
Power Supply: 250W
Cooling System: None
Motherboard Compatibility: Micro ATX
Dimensions: 352x180x373mm
$37.00

CD/DVD ROM Drives
Samsung Black 52X CD-ROM, Model SC-152GEBB, OEM
$13.00


Western Digital 40GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model WD400JB, OEM Drive only
$58.00


MSI SiS661FX Motherboard for Intel Pentium 4 Processors Model "661FM-L" RETAIL
Specifications:
Supported CPU: Socket 478 Intel Pentium 4 Processors
Chipset: SiS 661FX + SiS 963L
FSB: 400/533/800MHz
RAM: 2x DIMM for DDR266/333/400 up to 2GB
IDE: 2x Ultra DMA66/100/133 up to 4 Devices
Slots: 1x AGP 4X/8X, 3x PCI, 1x CNR
Ports: 2xPS2,1xLPT,1xCOM,1xVGA,1xLAN,6xUSB2.0(Rear 4),Audio
Onboard Audio: RealTek ALC655 6-Channel Codec
Onboard Video: Real 256-bit 2D/3D Graphics up to 32MB Memory
Onboard LAN: 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet
Form Factor: Micro ATX
$70.00

Antec 330W Power Supply, Model "TRUE330" -RETAIL
$44.00

Processors
Intel Pentium 4/ 2.6C GHz 800MHz FSB, 512K Cache, Hyper Threading Technology - Retail

TOTAL: $566.98
 
Basic Autocad, a few apps hitting up a SQL server, just trying to get the best value for my money (or their money I guess)
 
For what you are running in there, the InWin's PSU should be enough that you don't need the Antec PSU.

BB
 
I've had bad experiences with PSU's and so I never trust em. Bad PSU's take so long to track down, the problems they cause seem so random. Anyways, anyone else have a InWins PSU? Are they reliable? If so, I'll drop the Antec.
 
I would suggest you get a motherboard with the 865/875 chipset. Either Intel, Abit or Asus.
 
Yeah, that's the only thing I'm worried about. I usually go with Abit but this one is both a good price and small. It has everything on it I need as well. Will there be that many issues with it? Or is it just a speed thing? This guy is upgrading from a Celeron 700, so anything is fast to him. I know how picky Autocad can be sometimes so any input would be much appreciated.
 
Hmmm, there's a MSI IS-10 for $78...
Has anyone heard anything about the SAPPHIRE ATI 9100IGP/RS300 Chipset Motherboard , Model "RS300-MA39" ?
It's only $79.00 but I haven't seen any reviews of them...
 
For the person that doesn't overclock i tend to always recommend an Intel made board. They are the most stable boards on the market. You just can't overclock. The new ones allow you to adjust quite a bit in the BIOS though like timings.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...280&manufactory=1157&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

Get a 865 or 875 chipset board. I dont like SIS's offerings.

As far as the PSU goes you definately want a name brand. Theres no room for cheap ass power supplies. The PSU is more important than your processor and motherboard.
 
Yeah, I recommend an Intel board for the utmost stability from the comp, such as the D865PERL board (I865 Springdale chipset), and a quality namebrand PSU. The Antec you have is good for all the needs.

However, if you do swap out the MSI mobo, you'll probably have to get a separate video card, though depending on the needs of the customer, that might not cost more than $30.
 
Ok, how about a

Intel 865G Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU, Model "BOXD865GLCL" -RETAIL?

It's only $100 and has audio, video and NIC integrated. It's also a micro ATX. (he's real picky about space)
 
Originally posted by Quasimodo
Ok, how about a

Intel 865G Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU, Model "BOXD865GLCL" -RETAIL?

It's only $100 and has audio, video and NIC integrated. It's also a micro ATX. (he's real picky about space)

Any of them will be fine. Just pick the one with the features your after.
 
Business machine ? Get an intel 875 based chipset motherboard, either asus abit or intel. Speed and stability!
 
Back
Top