This an issue with Offline Files or Indexing?

TechieSooner

Supreme [H]ardness
Check this out:
3594738479_4b38b23db2_o.jpg

On my Vista machine, this sometimes happens.
I don't know exactly what the problem is, so thought I'd post and see if someone else has had the same issues. FWIW, nothing like this is an issue on XP.

What's going on in this screenshot is A) I'm searching for a file and it's taking forever. B) I've opened a redirected My Documents, which sits on the server...
It sits like this for a bit, like it's working on something. I did a Run -> mspaint to paste the screenshot in and it worked instantly, which makes me think it's just a networking issue.

A few things I thought of:
1) Offline files? Does Vista treat this different, so it's just trying to sync these offline files, thus the network share (which I have opened on the right in that image) becomes unresponsive?
2) Indexing of network shares? Another possibility I thought of, because why else would the search tool hang as well? Either the indexing is hanging or due to the fact the network share is not accessible it's timing itself out.

I'm going to disable the Windows Search service to see if the issue gets better or not...

Edit- Also, I've already got IPv6 disabled :D

Back