this a good new mobo?

hey. asus hasnt sent me an email yet and its been 4days+..i dont think they gona respond...o well. how do you contact asus for a RMA number?

I have the Albatron board. Been stable, voltage adjustment for everything, etc. For some reason I'd rather have a high rated board like Asus or Abit.

dont need info on that i already know. sorry guys i need to update the title but im still too stupid and dont know how to even though im a gawd

Inscape said:
I have the Albatron board. Been stable, voltage adjustment for everything, etc. For some reason I'd rather have a high rated board like Asus or Abit.

I can relate to how you feel. But the fact of the matter is that NO company is perfect. And unfortunately even companies with great reputations can have problems with quality control from time ot time. Each of us just hopes that they don't get that "rotten apple" out of the basket.

At the same time, It's been my observation that the "quality" of customer service for most of these "tech" companies is terrible! 1. They constantly give you the run around! 2. They frequently don't know what they are talking about, because their database isn't complete and up to date, and they are responsible for too many products to know these things if the database doesn't tell them WTF. 3. A good portion of these "customer support" people aren't paid enough to care about the company they work for, or the products they "support", or the people they are supposed to Help! So if you just want to be loyal to some company because you've owned 3-4 of their products that were good in the past. They eventually YOU too will get screwed over!

Lots of other companies, that don't have the great reputation, produce Excellent products. These products have all the same features that the "big name" company's products offer, and sometimes more. For a lesser price! But if you want to pay extra for a product with a brand name on it, be my guest! That is your Right! (rant off - sorry that I got started on this - I recently had some less than positive experiences like this of my own)

Sorry for the tardy response.

Basically what I did is called tech support, told them my problem.
(Not recognizing AGP4x and chipset seemed laggy). Told them all the steps I took to try and solve the problem. They couldn't think of anything else that would work.

At this point, they gave me a case number and told me to contact the RMA department and gave me the RMA phone number. Called up the RMA department the next day, and gave them my case number. They issued the RMA that very day, and sent me an email with all the instructions on RMAing to ASUS within 10 minutes after I was done with the call.

Got it RMAed the next day, and will be coming back this friday. w00t

sent another email 3 days ago. this time i made something up, lieing that the NEW ;) motherboard reboots after a few minites of use and have check everything but the motherboard still wont work . LOL, will thats the only way i guess to get a RMA :p

Unfortunately for you, if you lie and send your RMA to them, ASUS is going to actually test it with their equipment whether you say it's bad or not.

Most likely if it works, they'll check some other basic stuff on the board, and send you the same board back. Best bet is do not lie when telling them info... gives them something to look for if you tell them what is exactly the problem.

Might even prove to show that there is truly something wrong with their board and cause a new BIOS revision to come out that fixes such problems.

Just food for though.

every time i tel the truth they deny their stupidness and then theyll never reply everrrr again! omg...i called asus today and no one picked up, even at the hours they said that operators are avaible

Back