third hard drive this week!!!!!

Snakebyt

[H]ard|Gawd
ok, this is my third hard drive to go out on me this week.. all on the same IDE channel
What the hell is going on here.. they were all pulled from other machines and were all working fine..all i can hear from them is click, click, click, click, click.....this is really starting to annoy me as i am out of extra hard drives to put in here...could it be power supply? Motherboard? I was planning on getting a New video card tommorow, but if i cant keep the damn machine running, whats the use ya know....
Any suggestions?

man, that sux. maybe theres something in or near ur pc thats damaging it, like a magnet or something. maybe ur power supply could be overloading it, dunno about that.

A chance that it could possibly be a power supply at fault here. What kind of power supply do you have and how are the voltages?

its just a generic (codegen) 400 watt PS that came with my case.. I ahve another here that i could replace it with

Do they have that smart drive stuff? check the status.
Or try one of the utilities like Western dig has for checking their drives.

KoZLop said:
If there really old drives there loud.

what does this have to do with anything in this thread?

get another power supply from someone if you can to test it out, or test the rails on your current psu to see if somethings wrong there. definetly sounds like a power supply problem.

BlindedByScience said:
....if they say "IBM" on them, you shouldn't be surprised...... :D

B.B.S.

does that mean im ok cause my hard drives say hitachi deskstar on them :D :p

Back