Third Attack Against Sony Planned

I hope this next attack against Sony is AIDS. Then they will just die a slow agonizing death like they need too anyways. :p

So if I break into your house and steal your shit it's your fault for not having a stronger, door, window or lock?

Anon is a group of worthless thugs who should be tracked down and locked up like the criminal vermin they are.

Yes. Leaving your door locked with just the chain-lock and then expecting thieves to not kick it down when you leave is pretty foolish, and irresponsible of the owner of the property.

Now imagine the owner of that property stored 77 million peoples information in their house and locked it up with a chain-lock...and you have Sony.

It IS 100% Sony's fault that there was a vulnerability (or a dozen) in their network where they were storing crucial customer data.

So if I break into your house and steal your shit it's your fault for not having a stronger, door, window or lock?

Anon is a group of worthless thugs who should be tracked down and locked up like the criminal vermin they are.

My house isn't the same as a multi BILLION dollar corporation that is supposed to be protecting its customers identities and info, and one that customers trust to do exactly that. So what was your point again?

Also, I live in Texas. I have at least 5 guns in my house, I would love to see someone break into my house. They'd be dead in all of about 30 seconds.

Me - "You might want to get the fuck out of my house."

Theif - "Na, I'm going to try to steal you shit!"

Me - "Boom, warned ya."

Even if I wasn't home, I have a pit bull, and a golden retriever in my house. They don't like strangers, unless they are introduced properly. If you broke into my house when I wasn't home, they would eat you.

Other than those two, I also have an alarm on my house, and it automatically phones local authorities as soon as the alarm goes off. I set it off on accident about 3 months ago, police were here in 3 minutes.

I with my lousy $60k a year protect my shit...unlike a multi BILLION dollar corporation that is trusted to protect their customers shit. Thank you, and goodnight.

Someone owns a PS3!

:p

So it IS your fault still, if someone kills your golden retriever, pitbull, and steals your shit, you didn't have enough to protect it. You didn't answer his question, I guess I'll answer it for you.

I don't think he was comparing SCALE.

Regardless. A multi billion dollar corporation is different than one person. They have the fundage, and the personnel to be able to protect their customers data if they actually put the time and resources into it.

So it IS your fault still, if someone kills your golden retriever, pitbull, and steals your shit, you didn't have enough to protect it. You didn't answer his question, I guess I'll answer it for you.

I don't think he was comparing SCALE.

No it is different, all preventative measures can be broken but when people are trusting you to keep their shit safe that means you are held accountable for taking precautions and steps from their information being stolen. Now if he was holding personal financial information for a lot of people and he only had a chain lock it would be partly his fault and people would blame him, now if he took every reasonable precaution and someone still broke in and stole the customers info and he then immediately informed everyone nobody would hold him at fault, that is not what sony did.

No it is different, all preventative measures can be broken but when people are trusting you to keep their shit safe that means you are held accountable for taking precautions and steps from their information being stolen. Now if he was holding personal financial information for a lot of people and he only had a chain lock it would be partly his fault and people would blame him, now if he took every reasonable precaution and someone still broke in and stole the customers info and he then immediately informed everyone nobody would hold him at fault, that is not what sony did.

This. :rolleyes:

Where is everyone getting anonymous from? The chat channel this took place in, was not an anonymous chat room, it was in a ps3 hacking chat room. And I love how C-Net claims they have an exclusive on this, when the chat logs claiming a third attack is coming was posted 2 days ago.

Let me just say, Sony is absolutely partly to blame for this. I've worked for 10 person operations that had better security standards than this company. I still wonder what the hell they've been doing with the profits from their ludicrously overpriced electronics. My best guess is snorting blow mixed with rocks of crystallized Krystal and that coffee obtained from weasel poop off the entire bodies of the finest Asian call-girls money can buy.

Back on point (and against Anonymous, be it the main group or some faction) just because you can break in and plunder something does not mean that you have the right to do so, nor does it absolve you from repercussions if and when they are caught. To paraphrase one of my favorite YT vids and movies: "We gonna find you. Watch your cornhole, bud."

You know how many criminals are caught? By attempting the same crime more than once. Attempting to hack a site that has just been hacked and is on high alert is a great way to get yourself thrown in prison, which in fact, I hope happens to these people. The fact is, by stealing credit card and personal information, they are not hurting Sony, but are hurting the customers.

I don't care what it takes, whether the hackers are stopped or Sony finally builds a real infrastructure, this shit is simply annoying.

Wouldn't it be great if ICE took control of the domain name ++++++++++ and put one of their anti-piracy pictures on it? Permanently?

I'd throw a huge party. Everyone from [H] would be invited.

Wouldn't it be great if ICE took control of the domain name ++++++++++ and put one of their anti-piracy pictures on it? Permanently?

I'd throw a huge party. Everyone from [H] would be invited.

ahem, first syllable rhymes with bore and second syllable sounds like WAN. Or the actor Jackie Chan. Bore WAN?

Regardless. A multi billion dollar corporation is different than one person. They have the fundage, and the personnel to be able to protect their customers data if they actually put the time and resources into it.
On top of that if a company asks you for information, it should be an automatic given that they will guarantee its safe keeping, if not they shouldn't be collecting said information, no ifs ands or buts, period. The LAW should be their for the consumer to make sure it happens, no ifs ands or buts period. sony is always shirking its responsibility, because their is no law forcing sony to be responsible.

Unfortunately... the only (realistic) way to hurt Sony is through it's customer base. Hit them where it hurts, hit them in their wallet. Unfortunately their customers are the only real sane way into their wallet.

how do you hit their wallets? By taking away their customers.

Sony has chosen the path of "lightning rod". For good or bad, the lightning will continue to strike.

From rootkits to challenging their customers' ownership of purchases, they've drained nearly all the good will that they've amassed for their brand over the years.

My house isn't the same as a multi BILLION dollar corporation that is supposed to be protecting its customers identities and info, and one that customers trust to do exactly that. So what was your point again?

Also, I live in Texas. I have at least 5 guns in my house, I would love to see someone break into my house. They'd be dead in all of about 30 seconds.

Me - "You might want to get the fuck out of my house."

Theif - "Na, I'm going to try to steal you shit!"

Me - "Boom, warned ya."

Even if I wasn't home, I have a pit bull, and a golden retriever in my house. They don't like strangers, unless they are introduced properly. If you broke into my house when I wasn't home, they would eat you.

Other than those two, I also have an alarm on my house, and it automatically phones local authorities as soon as the alarm goes off. I set it off on accident about 3 months ago, police were here in 3 minutes.

I with my lousy $60k a year protect my shit...unlike a multi BILLION dollar corporation that is trusted to protect their customers shit. Thank you, and goodnight.
you prob have more security than sony does LOL!

Sony is the one to blame in this matter.

This is not paradise, there will always be unscrupulous people. But Sony as a corporation, MUST have good security measures to protect their customers' private data. Or else... the customers will just move to a competitor that has better protection.

Nothing to see here in this thread, a bunch of butthurt crybabies who don't actually have a clue who "Anon" are, and just keeps going under the assumption they're a group of /b/tards who run LOIC's when they get off their middle school bus.

Now's a good time for polyphony digital to get crackin' on that PC version of GT5.

Back