Thinkpad T60

Spun Ducky

Gawd
I was wondering if you guys would still think it would be worth buying one of these systems? I think I could get one for 200 dollars or less with the IPS screen along with my own parts max it out.

The main use would be coding using visual studio 2010,GDB,NASM,quartus 2,and various other embedded/coding related programs.

I already have 2 other laptops and a desktop but I've had a craving for a thinkpad for a while now.

Not a bad deal. I have a friend with a 14" T60 with the 1400x1050 screen and loves it. Thin, sturdy, and with a Core 2 it's still good enough for a lot of applications. Also one of the last 4:3 laptops made.

I still use a T61p. For $200 you cant go wrong with a T60. Maybe add an SSD down the road.

I just wanted to say i bought one with the 1400x1050 IPS panel and it is pretty stripped down ram,cpu, and hdd wise but it was 85 bucks. I already have all the parts to max it out and I think I will be enjoying this rig a lot. I would have waited to find a 1600x1200 screen but those seem to be really rare and the few I could find were overpriced.

I can't wait to drop in the intel ssd and other parts I got ready for this beauty. I think the only questions I have left pertain to replacement batteries, ac adaptors, and docking stations.

So is there a decent off brand ac adaptor and battery source or is the originals the only way to go?

I jumped on an auction for one on impulse. I paid 130. It was in excellent condition and came with docking station, but I later found out that it was one of the earlier models with 1024x768 :(

Despite the resolution, it is a solid machine. I've used it extensively in the 8 months I've had it. Now that I got an HP Touchpad though I'll probably sell it since I've primarily used it for couch surfing.

Hi,

You can add a second hard drive in place of the optical also.

MnR

Back