Thinking upgrade, when do the new processors come out

Forealz

Limp Gawd
I've got a new HD (WD Black 1TB) and case (Cooler Master Sniper) queued up on Newegg, and I'm toying with the idea of adding and i860 setup with it (decent combo deal: i860, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R, and 4GB OCZ Obsidion 1600 for $481).

I know there are some problems with the current 1136 platform, such as difficulty overclocking due to the pci bridge.

I'm wondering if I should wait for the (i believe) 32nm revision, since it will also have the new usb and sata ports.

How long has intel said it would be?

I currently use a E6600, and I'd be fine if I had to wait 3 months or so, but if its going to be another year I might just do this deal now.

Intel delayed USB 3.0 til 2011 I believe. You'll be waiting a while.

Well its really not just usb 3.0, thats just one of the features coming out that make me wonder if I should wait for the 'tick'. The feature that has me most confused is the on die pci controller affecting overclocking as well as the slower crossfire/sli speeds. Think the next revision will improve these features?

Be aware that there won't be any 32nm quad-core i5/i7 CPUs, so if you want a quad, waiting isn't going to get you anything. What's out now is all that will be available until Intel brings out the Sandy Bridge architecture, probably in 2011.

Be aware that there won't be any 32nm quad-core i5/i7 CPUs, so if you want a quad, waiting isn't going to get you anything. What's out now is all that will be available until Intel brings out the Sandy Bridge architecture, probably in 2011.

And the i7 930 is rumored to be released in Q1 2010.

Back