intense99dak
n00b
- Joined
- Sep 4, 2002
- Messages
- 52
I have been thinking about updating my current system, but I'm not sure if I will see that much of an improvement over my current set-up. The main uses for this system is gaming, surfing, photo editing, music and some CAD stuff. I usually have at least several windows open at any one time.
Here's what I currently have for the "main guts":
- Asus P4T533-c MB
- 2.53 GHz chip (unclocked)
- 1gb Kingston 1066 memory
- Asus V8460 Geforce4 Ti4600 video card
I am thinking about picking up :
- Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard
- Either a 2.4 GHz chip and overclocking it or a 3.2GHz (depends on price). This board will handle the Prescott chips won't it?
- At least 512 of DDR400
I'll keep everything else as is for now, but will eventually upgrade the video card.
So what do you think? Should I see a noticeable improvement with everday applications or should I spend that money on something else?
Thanks,
Chuck
Here's what I currently have for the "main guts":
- Asus P4T533-c MB
- 2.53 GHz chip (unclocked)
- 1gb Kingston 1066 memory
- Asus V8460 Geforce4 Ti4600 video card
I am thinking about picking up :
- Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard
- Either a 2.4 GHz chip and overclocking it or a 3.2GHz (depends on price). This board will handle the Prescott chips won't it?
- At least 512 of DDR400
I'll keep everything else as is for now, but will eventually upgrade the video card.
So what do you think? Should I see a noticeable improvement with everday applications or should I spend that money on something else?
Thanks,
Chuck