Thinking of 7800GTX, need some help.

Hate_Bot

2[H]4U
Well, I think I've putted off buying a new computer for long enough, since ATI seems to be in a hiatus regarding the release of the R520, the 7800GTX seems to be a nice choice. I was just wondering if anyone has any reviews/benchmarks (perticularily in SLI) and just some info.

Also, does it support any new features? Like Dx10 or something?

Thanks

Edit: ooh, and are any aftermarket cooler-makers (like Zalman) offering some products for it? Or does it have the same basic layout as the 6800GTs and such.

Ha, yes I just realised that (I don't check the front page often)

But I'm mostly looking for [H]ard forum members benchmark, since theres a large diversity of people here.

Also, I'm going to be buying an X2, a 4200, or maybe a 4400, and [H]ardOCP used an FX55 (which is different)

I understand...I look at the forums more than the front page too.

BTW, I have a A64 4400 2x @ 2.49 and I get about 8300 in 3DMark05 on my 7800 GTX (not OCed). I have no idea if that's good/bad relative to other scores using this card.

Do you play any games?

Mainly Battlefield 2, EQ2, and stuff is what I'm mostly interested in.

Aren't you the guy who wrote a poem about your undying love for the R520 a few months ago? Can't you wait a couple more months for your knight in shining armor? ATI has to almost be ready by now!

Anyway, you can find tons of reviews about the 7800GTX... in my experience, it is almost twice as fast as the 6800 gt in the games I play at high resolution.
I get 8448 in 3dMark05 with my Athlon 3500 at stock... that doesn't really tell much about games though. All I can say is that games are DAMN FAST on this card... google reviews if you want numbers.

The card is a hell of a lot better than any existing card in newer games like Battlefield 2 too because of its optimized pipelines or something like that...

I would say 7800 is a worthy upgrade from the 6800GT and if I recall you're on a Geforce 4?? I would say hell yes. If R520 turns out to blow it out of the water, you can always sell one and get the other!

Zinn said:
Aren't you the guy who wrote a poem about your undying love for the R520 a few months ago? Can't you wait a couple more months for your knight in shining armor? ATI has to almost be ready by now!

Your an idiot.

Fact: Just because someone sais "wait for the R520" doesn't mean he's a !!!!!!.

lol i jst got a 7800gtx and let me tell u its as smooth as a hot knife on butter no matter wat

it was nice while it lasted...but then no my psu had 2 go BOOM! im really hopin my hardware lived that 1

Hate_Bot said:
Your an idiot.

dude i was just poking fun!

all i meant was that if you've waited this long, why not just wait a little more? i don't care what you have in your computer, i just hope it makes you happy!

Zinn said:
dude i was just poking fun!

all i meant was that if you've waited this long, why not just wait a little more? i don't care what you have in your computer, i just hope it makes you happy!

Because I'm starting University soon, pay on my apartment was less then I thought, and I have more money then I need in savings, pretty much everything I need to pay off, IS payed off (Camera (Vancouver Film School lol) apartment, and stuff like that) and as such, I feel like spending some money.

Hate_Bot said:
Because I'm starting University soon, pay on my apartment was less then I thought, and I have more money then I need in savings, pretty much everything I need to pay off, IS payed off (Camera (Vancouver Film School lol) apartment, and stuff like that) and as such, I feel like spending some money.
I know how it feels to want to spend money... Seems like I get that way every two weeks. Anyway, I apologize if my post caused you any grief and did not intend to offend. I would bet that the 7800 GTX will be a solid performer even against the R520 so if you have to spend money now, you probably won't be too disappointed later. And like I said you can always trade up... after selling my 6800 GT the 7800 came out to just a net loss 270 dollars which is a good value for the extra power.

Hate_Bot said:
hurr hurr he made a typo.

Fun Fact: English is NOT everybodys first language here.

It was not he, it was you. And its not a typo.

I just find it funny, that you call someone an, "idiot", and do not know the difference between your and you're. :shrug:

But hey, carry on with this great topic. It is over for me. Should have ended at the second post...

Hate_Bot said:
Your an idiot.

Stike 4.5 for not being able to spell "You're"

Strike 5 for name calling.

You were given more chances than most. "Your" owt uf hear.

I get just over 7800 3DMark05 and 5118 PCMark05 scores with a BFG 7800GTX.

The rest of the system: 3.8GHz P4 (570 series), 74GB Raptor HD, 1GB DDR2 PC2 4200 RAM (533MHz), Windows XP Home, and Forceware 77.72 driver.

I guess the CPU is limiting this system as the guys with AMD CPU's always seem to get higher 3DMark05 scores than I do.

Back