Thinking about pulling the trigger on this Sager NP8150

Patyrn

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
109
Sager NP8150 / Clevo P150HM
- 15.6" FHD 16:9 "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright LED Glossy Screen w/ 95% NTSC Color Gamut (1920x1080) (SKU - S1R323)
- 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM, 2.2-3.1GHz, (32nm, 6MB L3 cache) (SKU - S2N224)
- ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD6990 2048MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11 $100 OFF (SKU - S3R151)
- 12GB - DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (3 SODIMMS) (SKU - S4R557)
- 640GB 5400RPM 8MB Cache Buffer (Serial-ATA II 3GB/s) - Default (SKU - X5R252)
- Combo Dual Layer SuperMulti DVDRW/CDRW Drive w/ Software (When selecting a Hard Drive in the Optical Bay, No Optical Drive is Included) (SKU - S7R455)
- Built-in 802.11 Wireless B/G/N - Stock Wireless Card + Bluetooth (SKU - S8R110)
- Built in 2.0 Megapixel Camera
- Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio - Included
- Basic Black Business Case - Included
- Smart Li-ion Battery (8-Cell)

$1,454.00

Does anyone have any opinions on this brand\model of laptop? Do my specs look good as-configured? Comments?
 
swap out that hard drive for at least a 7200rpm. otherwise looks good.
 
where are you buying it from? if you contact the reseller they'll give you a discount most likely and you can tell them not to include the harddrive/ram if you want to upgrade them yourself
 
Was thinking xotic. They are the cheapest I found and their sales rep I talked to seemed cool. What kind of discount were you thinking. It's already 2% off and $100 off. Do you think they'd throw in more?
 
call them and see. but i doubt you'll get any more discounts. maybe free shipping
 
check out Malibal.com too, I found they had better prices. If you signup on notebook review forums and post 5 messages on the sager/clevo forum they will do free shipping. Also send the Mailibal reps a PM with the config you want and ask for the best price. They do well sometimes. I just put your build in and Malibal is $50 less with faster HD.
 
Last edited:
check out Malibal.com too, I found they had better prices. If you signup on notebook review forums and post 5 messages on the sager/clevo forum they will do free shipping. Also send the Mailibal reps a PM with the config you want and ask for the best price. They do well sometimes. I just put your build in and Malibal is $50 less with faster HD.

Coming out to the same price for me.
 
I bought my NP8170 from XoticPC and I would highly recommend them. Good price, excellent customer service, friendly staff. Its the first time I have purchased from them and because of the level of service I received I will buy from them again when the time comes.
 
Back
Top