Thinking about getting lcd directly from dell

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dutt1113, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Dutt1113

Dutt1113 [H]ard|Gawd

I am thinking about getting an lcd directly from dell. I was wondering if they have a dead pixel policty on their lcd's. Do you have to have so many dead pixels for them to do a return or can you just send it back regardless? If I get an lcd with dead pixel(s) I would'n't mind sending it for a replacment if I can no matter how many dead pixels.

2. gwu168

gwu168 Gawd

One nice thing about Dell is that you can send anything back within 21 days and get a new product. After 21 days you'll get refurbish products, but if you pull the right strings you can still get new replacements.

3. Selsaral

Selsaral Limp Gawd

In my experience, Dell will support the hell out of you. I swapped one because of backlight bleeding and they didn't ask a single question or bat an eye. Just overnighted me a new monitor.

4. Mopower

Mopower Gawd

If you get a 2005FPW be prepared to send the first one back. Maybe even the second.

5. Musei

Musei [H]Lite

I have two 2405s. The second one had a dead pixel in the middle of the screen. I just called and said there was something wrong with the picture and they took it back no more questions asked and replaced it.

I'm a computer consultant by trade and I end up dealing with Dell a lot for client's systems and they're almost always a breeze to deal with.

6. Majin

Majin 2[H]4U

Thats not what I want to hear.
    I just got mine today, but I have yet to unpack the box.

7. noesis

noesis Limp Gawd

Hi! I own several dell lcds and have been with the company for years. I would definitely buy from them because they will replace it without any problems. Doesn't matter if you have one dead pixel or just light leakage. Plus the lcds are awesome. :)