• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thinking about getting lcd directly from dell

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
1,623
I am thinking about getting an lcd directly from dell. I was wondering if they have a dead pixel policty on their lcd's. Do you have to have so many dead pixels for them to do a return or can you just send it back regardless? If I get an lcd with dead pixel(s) I would'n't mind sending it for a replacment if I can no matter how many dead pixels.
 
One nice thing about Dell is that you can send anything back within 21 days and get a new product. After 21 days you'll get refurbish products, but if you pull the right strings you can still get new replacements.
 
In my experience, Dell will support the hell out of you. I swapped one because of backlight bleeding and they didn't ask a single question or bat an eye. Just overnighted me a new monitor.
 
If you get a 2005FPW be prepared to send the first one back. Maybe even the second.
 
I have two 2405s. The second one had a dead pixel in the middle of the screen. I just called and said there was something wrong with the picture and they took it back no more questions asked and replaced it.

I'm a computer consultant by trade and I end up dealing with Dell a lot for client's systems and they're almost always a breeze to deal with.
 
Mopower said:
If you get a 2005FPW be prepared to send the first one back. Maybe even the second.


Thats not what I want to hear.
I just got mine today, but I have yet to unpack the box.
 
Hi! I own several dell lcds and have been with the company for years. I would definitely buy from them because they will replace it without any problems. Doesn't matter if you have one dead pixel or just light leakage. Plus the lcds are awesome. :)
 
Back
Top