Thinking about external dvd enclosure

asianguy80

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
1,225
I'm thinking about moving my dvd-rw to the outside of my shuttle to get more air flow going in there and was wondering what kind of enclosures are good? I'm new to the whole enclosure thinkg so i'm not sure what to look for. Is USB 2.0 fast enough to write DVD-R's or should I be looking at something with firewire? and should I be looking for something that is powered by the ports of external power source? thanks.

edit: i did a quick search and some people said prolific chipsets are good so i found one on newegg that looks ok. Syba Firewire combo
 
I have my CD burner in this case . It allows me to burn at 48X using 1394 and is built like a fort. I wrote to ask them what chips they used and they wrote back the same day with this information:
We use Initio for firewire and Cypress for USB
 
Back
Top