• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thinking about buying NEC 2141SB

Bop

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
3,426
Let me just start off by saying Viewsonic sucks and never buy the P95f+, I got my second one back and there is still pink blotches on the screen where red should be so I'm fed up with them.

I'm just going to use this monitor for my old P2 450 legacy box now so I'm in the market for a new monitor. LCD is out of the question for me, don't like em and never will.

I'm very close to purchasing the NEC 2141SB but I want to know some of your experiences with it
 
Very good diaplay, Id get the 2070sb becouse of updates firmware.

But its very big. I have owned one. Just 2 big
 
I had an FE1250+ at my last job... great screen. I'd go ahead and go for it. NEC makes great screens.
 
Ok, I just ordered the 2141SB! Wish me luck... I hope it isn't anything like this P95f+, which should win most horrible monitor of the year award! (I also noticed that text is very squished at the bottom of the monitor, talk about crap!)

I didn't go with the 2070 as it is just the same monitor with another name, even if it does have newer firmware the extra ~$60 doesn't justify it.
 
I didn't do any research, but it looked like the 2070 might have dual inputs & the 2141 might just have a single. I might pay the $60 for an extra input... I'm not sure. Now if the 2141 had a captive cable I definately would, but if Newegg's pics are accurate that's not the case.
Good luck with your new screen. It should be gorgeous. Wish me luck with mine too... used GDM-FW900 arriving Thursday.
 
My 2141 has dual inputs and the USB hub. I've heard that you pay more at least for the Mitsubishi name, but some people have speculated that Mitsu has better QC...They should be functionally identical though.
 
Just got mine in today... BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I will never purchase a Viewsonic product again, my jaw dropped after I powered this baby on. Best purchase I've made in a long time.
 
Bop said:
Just got mine in today... BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I will never purchase a Viewsonic product again, my jaw dropped after I powered this baby on. Best purchase I've made in a long time.

How do you find the text and picture compared to an LCD screen?
 
Back
Top