Thinking about buying 360 for Gears of War lol

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, so I was planning on putting this money towards my car, BUT gears of war looks so fuckin SICK. What should I do?!?!? Ill probably end up picking up Call of Duty 3 and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory as well......and maybe Test Drive Unlimited......Hm.....should I? lol someone help me out here

Go for it. There are a ton of AAA titles comming out this fall.

Gears of War
Rainbow Six
GRAW
Call of Duty 3
Dead Rising
Enchanted Arms
Oblivion

etc.. Plus Halo 3 next year

Its a good time to own a 360 :D

Buy a car. Car leads to more productivity which leads to more money which will lead you to that X360 + GoW

Their sig says they have a car, but they could sell it and buy something with real power...hahah I kid I kid (yes i see how beefed up your car is)

seriously though buy Gears of War and COD3, because they are hands down the two best games to own this month. Then wait a few weeks and see how you feel..(or if you have enough time for any more games!)

Your car seems to be fine as is, buy yourself a 360 and game blissfully through the night.

Gears of War is a system seller.

Its Splinter Cell "Double Agent" for the record. Playing it now, along with GoW. And both games are great.

Some of my other favorites include:
CoD2
CoD3
Dead Rising
GRAW
Oblivion
Kameo
Condemned
Saint's Row

Other games to look out for include:
Rainbow 6: Vegas
Alan Wake
Mass Effect
Halo 3
BioShock
Assissian's Creed
Lost Planet

Been waiting on that excuse to buy a 360.

Proud owner of a new 360 and GoW.. for almost 24 hours :D

I'm waiting for the bigger hard drive and hdmi thats supposedly to be out the 22nd, and if that doesn't come out I'll get one anyway :D Gears of War is doin sellin it for me

the hdmi cable might be out on the 22nd, but i doubt that a bigger HD will be. mabye it will be ANNOUNCED at that time, but actually hitting shelves is another thing. the only accessories out this holiday will be wireless headset and wireless steering wheel.

jester1176 said:
the hdmi cable might be out on the 22nd, but i doubt that a bigger HD will be. mabye it will be ANNOUNCED at that time, but actually hitting shelves is another thing. the only accessories out this holiday will be wireless headset and wireless steering wheel.

um, do you not consider the hd-dvd add on an accessory?

My god, Gears is the best fucking game I've played in years, Call of Duty is better looking and more fluid then COD2, but it just doesn't feel like infinity ward's, it is still AMAZING, plus there are ALOT more characters on screen in this go around which really adds to the effect.

I'd buy a 360 for a single game. But I'm stoopid that way ;).

independantvariable said:
Their sig says they have a car, but they could sell it and buy something with real power...hahah I kid I kid (yes i see how beefed up your car is)

seriously though buy Gears of War and COD3, because they are hands down the two best games to own this month. Then wait a few weeks and see how you feel..(or if you have enough time for any more games!)

I'm waiting for the new G35 coupe to come out, so shhhhh!

Hmmm...i'm tempted...Hows TDU? Looks pretty sickk....

I'm guessing Forza 2 and Halo 3 won't be out till like fall next year right?

I wish I could trade my graphics card and stuff for a 360...I havent played a 360 in ages....anyone want a X1900XTX 512? lol

Circuitbreaker8 said:
I'm guessing Forza 2 and Halo 3 won't be out till like fall next year right?
Forza should be out by March. Who knows on Halo.

Gears of War is worth it. Co-Op is superb (Online and off) and multiplayer is awesome (4 Vs. 4 seems weak on paper, but the teamwork becomes a lot more fluid with focused teams).

powersurge said:
Go for it. There are a ton of AAA titles comming out this fall.

Enchanted Arms
Not to be an ass, but I have Enchanted Arms, and it's about a B+. Not a bad game, but it's not something to buy the system for.

Gears of War, on the other hand, is AAA+. There's just something about that game that blows your mind.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Ok, so I was planning on putting this money towards my car, BUT gears of war looks so fuckin SICK. What should I do?!?!? Ill probably end up picking up Call of Duty 3 and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory as well......and maybe Test Drive Unlimited......Hm.....should I? lol someone help me out here

Go for it man! If you have a 5.1 channel dolby digital sound system with an HDTV, you owe it to yourself. COD3 and GoW are probably the two best games in showing off what real gaming is supposed to be like. This my friend, is living!

I have a 20" widescreen dell monitor and klipsch 5.1 speakers lol.....

I think my dads about to get a 55" LCD though....HMMMMMM

Buy a 360 and GoW . . don't buy any more games because they are worthless at the feet of GoW. GoW is all you need.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Screw that, get both. Buy a Chevy Aveo and have $$ left over for the 360 and GoW.

Or just buy GoW and the 360 (What I would have done in your situation..).

Is 400 dollars really going to put that much of an impact on your car savings?

Don't buy cod3 until the reviews come out anyway. It should be considered a continuation of the console series. Big Red one etc. It's not made by Infinity ward or anything. That's why it's too early to determine if PC did in fact get jipped. It may not be very good at all. CoD2 for 360 being good is no indication of this one.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on any points.

lol ok i already have a car people....i meant put money TOWARDS my car....ie...aftermarket parts( and dont say "RICE!"...check the sig)...but the next thing I want is well over $3,000 so whats $400 gonna do lol

But this is how i see it...

$400 for the system...
$40 for the VGA thing
$20 for the optical cable
$120 for 2 games
$50 for the warrenty

So its going to be a bit more than $400...

Ahhhh....this sucks.

My VGA thing only cost me $13 from ebay. Has optical out as well. Whereas the Pelican sold at newegg and stuff does not. I think that needs an adapter from the reviews (it's female for some bizarre reason I think).

Buy.com still has the $10 off $30. You could use that to save a few bucks, just order everything separate. ;)

Am I crazy though? Wasn't it you that was all over the launch posting pics of PGR3 all the time? Sorry if I'm confused. Oh well, whatever! :)

Don't buy the Pelican VGA cable. I have a Dell 20" widescreen and there was ghosting/trailing/blurring like you wouldn't believe with the Pelican adaptor. Spend the little extra on the MS adaptor.

Dude, why you wanna rice up... err put money towards your car when winters around the corner, unless you live in 24/7 warm/shiny state (then I hate you) anyway go and get it you will not be sorry it is totally worth it.

Bankie said:
Don't buy the Pelican VGA cable. I have a Dell 20" widescreen and there was ghosting/trailing/blurring like you wouldn't believe with the Pelican adaptor. Spend the little extra on the MS adaptor.

Well, I can point him to where I got mine from ebay. Works great. My FW900 doesn't know what blurring is though. It's one ability they left out.

texuspete00 said:
Well, I can point him to where I got mine from ebay. Works great. My FW900 doesn't know what blurring is though. It's one ability they left out.

Please do! I need a vga adapter too!

texuspete00 said:

My 2005fpw only blurs with the Pelican adaptor. Everything is great with the MS adaptor.

My moddified/cammed four door Grand Pix GTP, also supercharged, dynoed at 257 WHP and 400 ft/lbs wheel torque on the local dynojet. Not sure why my HP was so low, but......

Could be an interesting race?

Wanna race for pinks to your xbox360?

Here's mine - torquey little thing :)
http://media.putfile.com/Burnout-short1

Well here's one example from him:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-VGA-HD...Z004QQcategoryZ122517QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Guess my memory failed me a little bit - right price, but it was actually a bid thing but I got mine for the penny+$12.95 S&H. I would go ahead and put in the penny bid. You may very likely also win he has a bunch. I don't know how he expects to get higher bids when he has several ending within hours of each other. But what do we care right?

Was a touch bright when I first plugged it in so I adjusted the brightness. Other people experience this with the MS one too so i would imagine it just comes down to your setup. Thing works great. There is a 16:10 res in the dashboard too. 1280*768 or something like that was what I used.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Psychotext said:
I shed a tear for your tyres... :D

On a completely different note, what's WHP? I've only ever seen BHP (Brake Horse Power)

I said WHP (wheel HP)because most people think of Crank numbers when they hear about a car and dyno's show WHP which is factoring in a 15-20% loss for parasitic and transmission loss.

Brake HP is what?

Archaea said:
I said WHP (wheel HP)because most people think of Crank numbers when they hear about a car and dyno's show WHP which is factoring in a 15-20% loss for parasitic and transmission loss.

Brake HP is what?
I can only assume that BHP is before the transmission loss. I don't know, I'm not a petrolhead (it's a uk term) which is why I asked. :p

Archaea said:
My moddified/cammed four door Grand Pix GTP, also supercharged, dynoed at 257 WHP and 400 ft/lbs wheel torque on the local dynojet. Not sure why my HP was so low, but......

Could be an interesting race?

Wanna race for pinks to your xbox360?

Here's mine - torquey little thing :)
http://media.putfile.com/Burnout-short1

haha looks like your riding on dubs ;)

it would be an interesting race though....who knows.

Not quite 20"ers but 18" reaction nine rims with z rated pirelli p-zero 245/45/18" tires.

Just for the record it's much easier to burn rubber on the stock 16" 225/60/16" Goodyear H: rated tires than on the wider z rated pirellis'. I should get a video of a burn out on my stock tires, they'd probably catch fire ;)

anyway - how do you like the game? I'm thinking of picking it up today.

Hah yeah, I burned my stock 17's to the ground. I have Volk SF-Challenges w/ PZero Rossos, i wouldn't dare do that now lol. Thats wierd, your wheels look huge. I have 19s and they don't even look that big lol. Maybe cuz you dont have a drop?

Wow I'm in the same situation as the OP lol. I was either going to spend money on stuff for my MKV rabbit or pickup the 360(plat) with GoW, vga cable, play and charge kit. Looks like you guys convinced me on the 360. Now only if CompUSA carried the plat in store(i work there) hmm... need to check the next time I'm working. :D

Back