Thinking about a new Build-CPU questions

Island

Gawd
Sup fellas....Thinking about building a new gaming rig here possibly is the next month. I've had the same rig that I built back in 2011 that consisted of a 3770 k, 8 Gigs of ram and a few video card upgrades that now are 2 980 Ti's. My rig still runs great and I have had the 3770 k at 4.5+ghz since day one, and she still chugs along. I wanted to wait until Sky lake-e , x, or whatever letter they are using now, but i'm getting that upgrade itch again and don't think I can wait till Mid next year.

What do you guys recommend? The broadwell-e? 6700k? I mostly game on this rig so I really don't need the higher core count, as higher clock speed would matter more I think. I would like to stay with SLI and perhaps pick up 2 1080 Ti's if they come to fruition. I'm sure I could just hold on to this rig and upgrade my 980 Ti's I guess. I do know that the 6700K will give me about 10-15% boost in some newer games....

SLI benefits from the extra lanes you get with the HEDT platform. On 1151, you have enough PCI-E lanes for two cards to run at 8 lanes each. On the 2011-3, you'll get a full 16 lanes to each card. Real world difference? I'm not sure on that. Newer games are using more cores. Personally, if you have the money and wanna spend it no, pick up a 6800K.

Back