Thinking about a mac mini

Techfan26

n00b
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
11
So i just got a dell 2007fpw and I have it hooked up to my powerbook g4, I'm a bit worried about the heat bulding up in the powerbook with the lid closed, so I have been thinking about buying a mac mini. Should I wait for the Core2 Duo to be put into the mini or should I just purchase a mini now?
 
Techfan26 said:
So i just got a dell 2007fpw and I have it hooked up to my powerbook g4, I'm a bit worried about the heat bulding up in the powerbook with the lid closed, so I have been thinking about buying a mac mini. Should I wait for the Core2 Duo to be put into the mini or should I just purchase a mini now?

Your powerbook won't overheat. It's designed to be run with the lid closed if you have an external monitor.
 
CEpeep said:
Your powerbook won't overheat. It's designed to be run with the lid closed if you have an external monitor.

Agreed, people around this forum are very paranoid about heat and power supplies for some reason. With a Mac especially, it is going to be running at stock settings (especially a PPC Mac since there is no chance to use software OC tools after a dual boot into Windows). The machine is not going to overheat, they are designed to be able to be used shut with an external monitor (as posted above) so stop freaking out about it. The G4 was never that hot a processor to begin with.
 
I've used mine closed, attached to a 20" Cinema Display, while being shut in a drawer for almost 2 years... I crack the drawer open about 3 inches for some airflow. It gets warm but it's fine. It gets fresh air during all of my classes.

Those 867mhz powerbooks are just TOO DAMN LOUD.
 
Back
Top