think my mouse is dying... recommendations?

wadec22

2[H]4U
using a razer diamondback and the left click button seems to be pressed more than once sometimes to read a signal.

think i'm going to bite the bullet on a new mouse. mostly used for gaming (mostly fps). really don't want to spend more than say 50.00 bucks. recommendations?

after reading some reviews, i'm looking at the:

steel series kinzu optical mouse for 35.00

razer lachesis laser mouse for 45.00

thoughts on those?

Last edited:
u gonna have to get a new mouse, my deathadder died like that so did my friends copperhead.

try the steelseries ikari optical, buy mice locally if you can. rma for online vendors takes years. ive gotten 4 defective mice in the past 6month. 1razer 2 steelseries 1 logitech

u gonna have to get a new mouse, my deathadder died like that so did my friends copperhead.

try the steelseries ikari optical, buy mice locally if you can. rma for online vendors takes years. ive gotten 4 defective mice in the past 6month. 1razer 2 steelseries 1 logitech

Where are you buying online that it takes years to get an RMA?
Usually after 30 days you do the RMA through the manufacturer, same with most local stores.
Logitech has a very good RMA service, just RMA'd a 3 year old MX1000 and got a Performance MX for $20 (paid the difference from the free MX1100 they were going to send me.)

picked up a razer deathadder and a logitech g500 from best buy today so i could compare. tough call really. i like the tracking of the g500 but the comfort/feel of the da....

Personally I love the g9 and think it is super comfortable, but I have small hands and use more of a "claw grip."

comparing the DA and the G500...

buttons: DA's are much nicer, quiet, softer clicking. 1pt DA

ergonomic/shape: love the feel of both although they are a little bit different. tie

looks: DA, hands down. 1pt DA

grip: sides on g500 are a touch nicer, but top of DA all rubber is a better trade off. 1pt DA

tracker: i like the high sensitivity of the G500. 1pt G500

software: G500's interface is average at best, but more customizable. 1pt G500

on the fly sensitivity switching: DA can do it, but you have to either lift the mouse or assign buttons to it. Either way it takes a sec to kick in. G500 is practically instantaneous and the button placement is perfect along with a led indicator. 1pt G500

scroll wheel: i could live with the G500, but it is certainly inferior to the DA's wheel. 1pt DA

score:
DA: 4
G500: 3

i really like both of these mice, but think i'm keeping the DA.

so i am returning the g500 today... is it worth extending my budget and picking up a Razer Imperator for comparison? anyone have experience with the DA vs the Imperator?

I personally don't like the G500's tracking. Maybe its just where the laser is placed. I would easily give up the weight tray if the laser was centered. I haven't tried the Imperator, but love my DA.

for the original issues, the problem might be that the plastic from the shell is not making enough contact with the switch. others have fixed this by taking the mouse apart and putting some permabond at the very top of the switch. just a little dab and let it dry.

if you tried the ikari you will prefer it over deathadder. the shape its just much much better than most mice out there. 2 bad i had 2 broken ones, using the broken laser ikari atm while waiting for my g500 to comeback from rma from ncix.com

cant rma for steelseries cuz shipping costs about 30% of what i paid for the mouse and its a pain to setup.

The Kinzu has an awesome shape, but has a terrible sensor. You should really try an IMO 1.1.

imo 1.1? what is dpi? i'm a high sensitivity gamer. with eyefinity and fps, i wish the 5600dpi sensor would have worked out for me. the DA's 3500dpi is minimum for me.

imo 1.1? what is dpi? i'm a high sensitivity gamer. with eyefinity and fps, i wish the 5600dpi sensor would have worked out for me. the DA's 3500dpi is minimum for me.

Never mind then, the IMO 1.1(Microsoft Intellimouse Optical) is strictly 400dpi.

Back