Yesterday I was playing World of Warcraft, and was using Ventrilo for voicechat. I was only on about 30 minutes, when out of the blue my screen went black, my monitor said I had no signal, and I ended up having to restart my computer.
When the computer restarted, everything seemed fine, except the microphone no longer worked. Sound seemed fine.
Hardware: Abit IP 35 Pro motherboard, 2.4 quad core, 8 gigs of ram, and the ATI 4870 vid card. For soundcard, I have the Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium, and a Sennheiser headset.
Tonight I pulled out the soundcard, and enabled the 7.1 sound on the motherboard, and when I hooked the microphone up, it worked fine. When I put the soundcard back in, control panel says there is no microphone, it says it is not plugged in.
I don't think I had a surge, plus my computer is hooked up to a decent surge protector.
The whole thing seems odd. I seems to me my sound card microphone input took a dump for some reason. Any thought on this, in case there is something easy I can do to fix it? I even tried reinstalling the driver with no success.
Any thoughts on why this happened? Would the sound card "dying" cause the screen to go black? I bought the soundcard from newegg, do I return it to them, or to Creative?
Thanks in advance!
When the computer restarted, everything seemed fine, except the microphone no longer worked. Sound seemed fine.
Hardware: Abit IP 35 Pro motherboard, 2.4 quad core, 8 gigs of ram, and the ATI 4870 vid card. For soundcard, I have the Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium, and a Sennheiser headset.
Tonight I pulled out the soundcard, and enabled the 7.1 sound on the motherboard, and when I hooked the microphone up, it worked fine. When I put the soundcard back in, control panel says there is no microphone, it says it is not plugged in.
I don't think I had a surge, plus my computer is hooked up to a decent surge protector.
The whole thing seems odd. I seems to me my sound card microphone input took a dump for some reason. Any thought on this, in case there is something easy I can do to fix it? I even tried reinstalling the driver with no success.
Any thoughts on why this happened? Would the sound card "dying" cause the screen to go black? I bought the soundcard from newegg, do I return it to them, or to Creative?
Thanks in advance!