Think i fried my 3500+ or my Neo2 :( need some help

s10010001

Supreme [H]ardness
hey i may have fried my 3500+, i slipped when reading voltage with multimeter. I think i shorted the mosfet legs.. If the board powers up without a CPU in it, It jsut comes on without pushin power, as soon as i plug in the PSU. then the baord is good right? But when the CPU is in nothing happens when i push the power button...... Any thoughts, i thought at least it would power up and not post? but i get nothing...

any thoughts

sucks because i allways use my multimeter and never slip like that....

I(illa Bee said:
hey i may have fried my 3500+, i slipped when reading voltage with multimeter. I think i shorted the mosfet legs.. If the board powers up without a CPU in it, It jsut comes on without pushin power, as soon as i plug in the PSU. then the baord is good right? But when the CPU is in nothing happens when i push the power button...... Any thoughts, i thought at least it would power up and not post? but i get nothing...

any thoughts

sucks because i allways use my multimeter and never slip like that....
board is dead.
CPU's won't die that easily.

ScHpAnKy said:
board is dead.
CPU's won't die that easily.

you think so? well, thats what im hopeing...im gonna pick up a cheaper 939 board to get me by... Heck it dosnt even need to overclock a 3500+ with my ram stock 200Mhz 2-2-2-5 aint to shabby for the weekend gamming..

God i hope its the board, and i really hope its not both...

so anyone near redlands Cal, with s939 to help me test... HAHAHA... ill buy beer and invite to LAN party this weend...probely not..but hey PM if you feel like being helpfull...

I(illa Bee said:
you think so? well, thats what im hopeing...im gonna pick up a cheaper 939 board to get me by... Heck it dosnt even need to overclock a 3500+ with my ram stock 200Mhz 2-2-2-5 aint to shabby for the weekend gamming..

God i hope its the board, and i really hope its not both...

so anyone near redlands Cal, with s939 to help me test... HAHAHA... ill buy beer and invite to LAN party this weend...probely not..but hey PM if you feel like being helpfull...

I very much doubt that the CPU is dead, you would have to hardcore physically damage it, think of it this way, a mere slip-up would short the board's circuitry way before it could even hit the cpu.

god i hope so... ill lookinto that board, I kinda wanna see what they have locally too, as i want it for this weekend..

Sounds like a good time to upgrade to a NF3 board. =P. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Or you head to the FS/FT forum and look for something.
I just picked up an IC7 MAX3 to use as a backup for my main rig for $50 plus shipping.
Who knows, maybe someone is selling your exact board, or an MSI NEO2 Platinum.

umm, well my exact same baord was a MSI NEO2, and well, it allready was a Nforce3 for the guy that said i should upgrade to a NF3... lol i hope you ment 4... But no NF4 for me, I have a good AGP still...

I ordered a Epox Nf3 for 100 bucks off the egg... If it clocks like other have, ill jsut keep it and when my NEO2 comes back form MSI, ill just decide witch one to keep and sell the other. My Neo2 didnt give my 90nm core much voltage to play with anyway..

BTW: I was reading the CPU voltage.

Arg i wish i had another s939 mobo to test it in.... I hope my 3500+ isnt dead...

I(illa Bee said:
umm, well my exact same baord was a MSI NEO2, and well, it allready was a Nforce3 for the guy that said i should upgrade to a NF3... lol i hope you ment 4... But no NF4 for me, I have a good AGP still...

I ordered a Epox Nf3 for 100 bucks off the egg... If it clocks like other have, ill jsut keep it and when my NEO2 comes back form MSI, ill just decide witch one to keep and sell the other. My Neo2 didnt give my 90nm core much voltage to play with anyway..

BTW: I was reading the CPU voltage.

Arg i wish i had another s939 mobo to test it in.... I hope my 3500+ isnt dead...

wait wait wait.
YOU slipped with the multimeter and now your RMAing it?

stryder2720 said:
wait wait wait.
YOU slipped with the multimeter and now your RMAing it?

pretty much... if they take it cool, if not ohh well no tears for me. Its not like the board went up in smoke, its look perfectly new...

new epox board arives today by 11:00, im on pins and neddles waiting to see if my 3500+ still works...

Well, got the epox board in, still dosnt post, but at least it comes on with a Code of "FF" im assumming the shipping BIOS dosnt support a 90nm CPU...

Which Epox board? My 9NDA3+ supported my 3000+ 90nm out of the box. No problems. My manual says that 'FF' is 'boot attempt', and lord knows what that means.

tried the CPU on a friends gigabyte board...that dose boot with his 90nm CPU...

still wont boot, my 3500+ is bad...

I(illa Bee said:
pretty much... if they take it cool, if not ohh well no tears for me. Its not like the board went up in smoke, its look perfectly new...

lameass.
cheapass.
... ass.

I have had 2 shitty Neo2's so far. Just rmad my last one. Newegg was out of stock though, so I just got a rufund =(.

I will be buying anothe one. Infact I just placed an order today. 139 shipped. It is still the best board to oc with, so another shot at a good board is not a biggie.

2Fresh said:
I have had 2 shitty Neo2's so far. Just rmad my last one. Newegg was out of stock though, so I just got a rufund =(.

I will be buying anothe one. Infact I just placed an order today. 139 shipped. It is still the best board to oc with, so another shot at a good board is not a biggie.

ya, it Turns out my Neo2 is still good.. :( witch is cool, i just need the dough for the new CPU.....

BTW: im selling my "used for 5 mins, epox board" Im asking $90 shipped.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1027241029#post1027241029

orkan said:
lameass.
cheapass.
... ass.
;)

Read a little.

DFI LanParty UT Ultra-D is the fastest and highest overclocking board for 939 so far. (at least for the winnies anyway)

ohh yea, i forgot that was out allready....

But that was a givin right? New DFI being best all around! Man, me wants one.....Hmmmm someone but my AGP card off me, lol!

Back