Thin 15inch lappy?

ItsCooper

n00b
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
2
So I'm looking for a thin ( 1 inch) 15 inch screened laptop that doesn't put off a lot of heat and doesn't weigh much. I'm not looking for a powerhouse since the majority of its time will be used in word, Internet browsing. and solitaire. The longer the battery life the better. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Cooper
 
Macbook Pro comes into my mind, its only 1 inch or something thick when it is closed.
 
DaCoOlNeSs said:
Macbook Pro comes into my mind, its only 1 inch or something thick when it is closed.

I believe the OP said "not a lot of heat" and the Macbook Pro is one of if not *the* hottest laptop around.

To the OP : Have you considered getting a ultraportable? Those will have plenty of juice for the tasks you want, as well as being smaller and lighter than a 15".
 
the newly revised MBP (the C2D version) has actually been reported to run MUCH cooler than the furnace of the old revision. THey now idle at like 50c I believe.

minus graphics power, they're by far the best lappy around. If you like OSX that is.
 
If you can deal with 1.25 inches, my Lenovo T60p has been incredible. Any of the T60 line would be great. I have the 2.16 GHZ model and it runs very cool under general use and not too hot even when folding. Under full load the fan is barely audible and it does not get all that hot.
 
molson3530 said:
If you can deal with 1.25 inches, my Lenovo T60p has been incredible. Any of the T60 line would be great. I have the 2.16 GHZ model and it runs very cool under general use and not too hot even when folding. Under full load the fan is barely audible and it does not get all that hot.
That sounds pretty cool. How long of a battery life have you been getting untethered? How is the fan placement on the bottom of the T60?
Thanks
Cooper

Additionally...

I've been looking at the MacBook Pro's for myself but I don't have the experience to yet to recommend them to others. Waiting to get some official reviews on the heat output on the C2D's :D

Ultraportables aren't an option because of the requisite 15" screen. The user doesn't want a "Tiny" screen but they don't want a heavy one either... 15" seems to work the best for their needs
Thanks
 
There is also the LG S1, but its hard to find in the states, Dynomism had it for a while but no longer have it. It was a inch then and faster then h***
Here is a review
 
ItsCooper said:
That sounds pretty cool. How long of a battery life have you been getting untethered? How is the fan placement on the bottom of the T60?
Thanks
Cooper

I get about 5 hours with the 9 cell battery. The fan is on the back left corner. The intake is on the rear left side and the exhaust is on the back left side.
 
i have a t60p, and i can attest it is VERY cool running and very stable. its a bit heavy with a 9 cell though, but everything else is fantastic, build quality, the keyboard, non wide screen is such a pleasure to work with and the ips screen is out of this world... I highly recommend it if you can afford it.
 
Back
Top