• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

They're here 56k warning

m3ta1head

777
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
6,365
ad700001ds3.jpg

ad700002rs1.jpg

ad700003zs7.jpg

ad700004ev5.jpg

ad700005cl5.jpg

ad700006yc4.jpg

ad700007wl3.jpg

ad700008mh4.jpg


:D
 
NICE!

How much do those run?!

I have the A500's, whom I love. Wanna get some open ones though so I can see the difference.

Are those a step up from the 500 line? 500, 700, 900, right? I'm assuming like $140 ish?
 
Haven't tried yet, just been listening to Coheed and Dream Theater.

I'm going out right now-when I get back tonight, I'll report with gaming results.
 
What are the ear pads made of? It almost looks like velour.

Well, hope you enjoy them for years to come.
 
Well, they're headphones... it's nice that they have purple metal, which is sort of cool, but they are still headphones...

(sorry, I hate headphones, I mean, I know that can sound great, but a real 5.1 speaker system does better, even if it does cost a lot more... I just head wearing headphones, I can't stand things touching my face constantly).
 
NulloModo said:
Well, they're headphones... it's nice that they have purple metal, which is sort of cool, but they are still headphones...

(sorry, I hate headphones, I mean, I know that can sound great, but a real 5.1 speaker system does better, even if it does cost a lot more... I just head wearing headphones, I can't stand things touching my face constantly).

Magnesium, not purple metal :p

They're great in CSS, love the soundstage-I can tell where everything is coming from.

One thing though-although they are VERY comfy, I grew tired of wearing them after 3 hours and took a 5 minute break with them off my head. Other than that... :eek:
 
m3ta1head said:
Magnesium, not purple metal :p

Well purple painted magnesium then, unless it is a Camera fluke ;). I know for a fact magnesium isn't purple, I used to light it on fire all the time with my chem teacher when I was his aid for a quarter ;).
 
m3ta1head said:
Magnesium, not purple metal :p

They're great in CSS, love the soundstage-I can tell where everything is coming from.

One thing though-although they are VERY comfy, I grew tired of wearing them after 3 hours and took a 5 minute break with them off my head. Other than that... :eek:

Give the foam on the earpads some time to form to your head. Those are some great cans.
 
MithShrike said:
Give the foam on the earpads some time to form to your head. Those are some great cans.

It is starting to form into my head, actually.

Today, I probably went through 10 or 11 albums...just relaxing on my couch, these beauties hooked up to my Sony Hi-Fi receiver...bliss :D
 
m3ta1head said:
Yeah, roughly $150 straight from Japan.

http://www.audiocubes.com/product/A...Headphones.html

They rock tbh

They're a step up from the 500, definately. Most people say that the ad700 is 95% of what the a/d900 is.

Can you listen to "Massive Attack - Angel" or "Massive Attack - Future Proof" and tell me if you can literally feel the bass?
Like, when you put your hand over one of the headphones can you feel air moving, even slightly?
Also, are the explosions in CSS bassy? Do they sound close to a scaled down explosion from a movie in a theater?
 
These headphones aren't boomy at all-they're more sharp and airy and semi-punchy. The explosions in CSS sound good, but not as good as with my speakers+sub. Don't buy these if you wants lots of bass-that's my advice.
 
m3ta1head said:
These headphones aren't boomy at all-they're more sharp and airy and semi-punchy. The explosions in CSS sound good, but not as good as with my speakers+sub. Don't buy these if you wants lots of bass-that's my advice.


I don't mind them not being boomy, but I'd atleast like to slightly feel the bass. So could you feel air moving at all with your hand over them?
 
si0dine said:
I don't mind them not being boomy, but I'd atleast like to slightly feel the bass. So could you feel air moving at all with your hand over them?

Yeah, a little, with the volume @ 100%.
 
Back
Top