• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

These AS5 instructions good?

NKDietrich

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
5,442
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm

Heh. Just curious. I've never used it on a heatspreader'd chip before (Opteron 170 in this case.). Essentially it says rather than spread it around, to put a small dab in the middle and let the heatsink do the work of spreading it out.

The manual for the Thermalright SI-120 sink says to put a thin even layer on both the CPU and the heatsink base, heh.
 
Heh, never woulda guessed that stuff came with instructions. I always just put enough to cover the heatspreader (or exposed core) and then spread it with a plastic baggie over my finger. If I'm feeling picky, I'll put the heatsink on and take it off until I've got a nice rectagle that matches the heatspreader/core. If I can't get it to do that, it usually means I didn't use enough. :D
 
Just putting the dot in the middle worked great, it spread out really nicely.
 
Back
Top