ThermoChill rads...worth the extra $$

seniorpaul

Limp Gawd
Just curious as to what makes the ThermoChill radiators so expensive? Do they really dissapate heat that much better compared to the Swiftech or Black Ice line of Rads?

they are better rads i almost every sense of the word, however as for what makes them as expensive as they are, i think that it just might have to do with the fact that they are made over in england.

transportation expenses are greater, there are trade barriers, and general opperating costs (wages, electricity, property tax, etc.) are also higher.

Global Economics are positioned for everywhere else to sell TO the UK, but not vice-versa.

Exchange rate works against us, as does national minimum wage, as does lack of skilled labour in a chav-world of college/school dropouts, plus the fact that we're a lot smaller than all the competition so volume produced isn't as high...

Long n' short of it tho is cos we're based in UK and everything is produced in UK.... whereas with the other manufacturers, their rads are produced in China, Phillipines etc where labour costs are next-to naff-all.

We compensate for this with increased build quality and performance.

I've been planning on picking up a ThermoChill 3.120 for a while now.. I just have to cet a nice case to house it first.

Marci said:
We compensate for this with increased build quality and performance.

And compensate very well I might add. Not to mention that you work with the best minds in watercooling, Cathar, to help develop the best of the best.

I purchased a PA120.2 last month and I'm about to purchase a PA120.3 for my other rig today.

Worth it? IMO, yes.

Back