Thermaltake V1 CPU Cooler $40 After $15 Rebate

I wish there were a decent review up somewhere! Maybe my google skills have failed me. :(

Actually, it got very good reviews in the new CPUI mag. This is the one I will be purchasing. Thanks OP. Loose, what makes you say it's junk? Just curious.

It does seem to have a decent design, all copper fins and base, which is polished. That and 4 heatpipes with a 110mm fan at 80cfm...sounds like it has potential. Which is why I was hoping for a review. :eek:

EDIT: So yeah, turns out I suck at googling...there are a few reviews out there. All say it's quiet, with decent but fairly average cooling. Oh well.

Actually, it got very good reviews in the new CPUI mag. This is the one I will be purchasing. Thanks OP. Loose, what makes you say it's junk? Just curious.

My boss at work saw it and fell in love with it. Its been about 3 months now and the fan broke. Not a problem, lets go replace the fan.. oh wait.... you cant.

I typed out a long story about this.. but I figured the abridged cliffnotes would be better.
-Only a -3c difference on his stock clocked C2d e6600.
-Loud as a banshee when on high.
-Doesn't cool well enough when on low. There is no "sweet spot"
-Brackets are a pain in the ass to install. Quality on the clips are WORSE than the stock cooler from intel.
-Fan breaks.. your fucked.
-Annoying led fan. No choice. You cant turn the lights off.
-We had to remove the 80mm fan on the side of his case to get it to work.. this thing is monsterous.

Really, all in all I would avoid it. There are SO many other good choices out there. Go for a Gemini or Skythe. Newegg is running a special on the Gemini right now for like $15. This fan is like an AMD chip.. Sure it works, but for the money there is SO much better out there.

sure slam amd :D. i personally wouldnt have gotten anything different for my money at the time i bought this x2. im happy with it.

as for the cooler, well its shiny and it looks cool but i seriously doubt its noise and cooling potential.

Back