Thermaltake Tsunami

Hey, is there room between teh PS and an average 5.25 drive in the top of the case to mount a Black Ice Extreme and a panaflow? Partiularly where teh USB ports are already.

Any help would be great

got this case on the way. Should be here monday. I'll reply with measurments for you if nobody else has by that time :)

I think he means having a CD bay used and the distance between it and the PS. Om my Antec I dont have room for even even a BIX, my 120mm fan I have there clears with just 1/8" clearance on each side and about the same to the IDE and power cables of the drive on the bottom.

My guess is it might fit between but the cables will be the problem with mounted fan.

Here is a shot of my top fan mounted so you can see what I was talking about.

topfan.jpg

I have a TT and I think there would be difficulty in even fitting a 80mm rad between a PSU and an average length optical drive. Personally, I have my 120mm core on the bottom in the front. I took out the HD cages and unriveted the thing that it sat on so I had max space there.

One gripe that I do have with this case is things are rather cramped inside because it is not very long lengthwise. It is, however, quite wide, and I like the dual 120mm fans.

dzitzner - cool, that pic shows me exactly what I needed, and yes, I am talking about between the drive and the PS... not just with onl y one drive in the comp.

From what it looks like in your picture, I could probly leave the top bay open, then a drive, then the next drive and finally my res. But jsut to doulbe check, could you see how far it is from the top of the case to the top of a drive mounted in the 2nd bay from the top?

Oh, also, how wide is the case on the inside?

I have 2 1/8" from the top of the case to the 2nd drive. The inside dimentions of the case are 7 1/2" as close as I can measure with a full case. The problem even with the drive moved then becomes the power leads from the PS. Unless you can leave the top 2 open and move the core into the empty space a ways the PS is just as big of problem.

Here is a pic of my case setup
wb9.jpg

damnit... missed the part that said you had an antec case... I really do hop that the tsunami is a bit bigger... I can make it work if it isn't, but that might mean either loosing my res or a drive...

Your case will be couple inches taller but basicly the same width and depth inside.

Ok after looking into it I've about decided that the best way to mount the radiator would be to put it on the outside of the case with the barbs facing in. I plan on bolting it up to the rear 120mmm port. I''m gonna have my panaflow mounted inside the case, and was wondering what kind of air-flow issues I would have if i still kept the fan pulling air through the rad.

Do you guys think that putting a 120mm blowhole int he top would keep my air flowing well enough inside the case, or should I just bite the bullet and have teh fan blowing into the rad? BTW, the case has 120mm fan in front that blows across the hard drive mounts directly to the PCI/AGP area of the board. Also, my powersupply has two 80mm fans.

If you want to pull through the fan like you described, just reverse the fan in the front and it will acyually help the fan on the rad to pull air through it. Even tho the air going over the HDs will be a lil warmer it will still cool them fine with the amount of flow it will be.

So basicly my sytem wil be running in reverse... makes sense, but just a bit worried about the vid card getting enough fresh air (radeon 9600xt, doesn't have a very good heatsink/fan on it) without the front flan blowing air to it? I plan on upgrading to a 6800nu someitme soon, which will fix that problem somewhat, but I'm still a little worried.

Hey Punx,
got it yesterday. Very nice case. Dropped the idle temp of my CPU about 8 degrees all by itself. Couple things, i didn't take exact measurements. Reason being there's no way you will fit a 120 in between the PSU and the top 5 1/4 drive without cutting out the usb/ethernet/headphone jack hub. It sits right in the middle and the pop up door is about 3 inches length wise all by itself. Would make for a very sloppy mod. There's also an aluminum support bar extending from the base of the psu all the way to the fron of the case that would need to be hacked off in order to work up there, which would seriously compromise the support of the case (and anything heavy you were planning on mounting up top.) In other words, this isn't the case for what you would like to do :(

dzitzner said:
I have 2 1/8" from the top of the case to the 2nd drive. The inside dimentions of the case are 7 1/2" as close as I can measure with a full case. The problem even with the drive moved then becomes the power leads from the PS. Unless you can leave the top 2 open and move the core into the empty space a ways the PS is just as big of problem.

Here is a pic of my case setup
wb9.jpg

Man!! That is some serious plumbing in there. :eek:

Pigpen, the plan all along was to cut out the usb-duber. I know that it wouldn't fit between the 5.25 at the very top, I just needed some measurements so as I went down from teh top (about 80mm to be exact) I could see what the tubing issues would be from the res in teh second to top bay and teh rad... Also, 3" = about 80mm so cutting the duber off is clean and easy for a 120mm rad.
Based on pictures that I'm looking at on new egg... the supportbar your talking about is at the top of the thrid-from-the-top 5.25 bay.... if the case was wide enough overall, it might support the rad still.

BUT, anyways, I've about decided taht mounting the rad up there isn't my best option (hurts, but oh well) So i'm thinking (as posted before) that I would be better off externally mounting the rad to the back of the case. Hows the 120mm hole there look? How about right below it so I can put the barbs through two holes? thnx for the help man.

BTW, how do you like the case?

Back