• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thermaltake TMG i1

The Xigmatek S1283 comes with push pins, is it safe to use with them? i know there's a retention pack from xigmatek but i'm not in the mood for take the board out of my cm690, by the way this new cooler is to use with an E8600
 
The S1283 weighs more because its a bigger HS and in turn has more surface area for cooling, I guarantee you the TMG i1 is NOT going to be quieter than the S1283, just because the manufacture claims a sound level does not mean you will get that, and Thermaltake is known for lying about sound levels on their fans, I know, I have a few of them. Also that 16 dBA rating it has is going to be for when its at the minimal 300rpm NOT the upper range of the 2500rpm fan. The 120mm fan on the s1283 is going to move more air at a lower sound level than the 92mm fan on the TMG.
 
I've had an arctic cooling freezer 7 pro with an e8400 and that cooler was very silent, i was satisfied with it, i just don't buy it again because i can mount that cooler only in one position in my board, and i see thermaltake tmg i1 is the same type of cooler, but i see that i also have the xigmatek s963, in the same range of price, what can you say about it?
 
The S1283 weighs more because its a bigger HS and in turn has more surface area for cooling, I grantee you the TMG i1 is NOT going to be quieter than the S1283, just because the manufacture claims a sound level does not mean you will get that, and Thermaltake is known for lying about sound levels on their fans, I know, I have a few of them. Also that 16 dBA rating it has is going to be for when its at the minimal 300rpm NOT the upper range of the 2500rpm fan. The 120mm fan on the s1283 is going to move more air at a lower sound level than the 92mm fan on the TMG.


you are correct.. thermaltake over over rates the sound level.. my big typhoon was rated at like 20 something dB at 2000 rpms.. sorry to say but that was one of the loudest friggin heatsinks ive ever owned.. even at 1400rpm's its audible over my antec 300 case that has 5 tri cool fans running at 100% which in them selves are loud.. (mind you the big typhoon is in a totally different case on the otherside of my desk from my antec 300 which is sitting right next to me..
 
I've had an arctic cooling freezer 7 pro with an e8400 and that cooler was very silent, i was satisfied with it, i just don't buy it again because i can mount that cooler only in one position in my board, and i see thermaltake tmg i1 is the same type of cooler, but i see that i also have the xigmatek s963, in the same range of price, what can you say about it?

The s963 seems to be a good cooler for it's size, but its going to be much louder because of only being a 92mm fan. Bottom line is if you want really good cooling and less noise the only way to get that is with a 120mm HSF. The S1283 just happens to be one of the cheapest and still good performing ones out there.
 
I'm gonna use AS 5, i need to spread it on the cpu and the heatsink or is it enough the cpu?
 
With the s1283 I think it is better to put it on the HS, as seen here. Also if you have not already bought the s1283 it is cheaper here, than newegg right now. Also, I believe the s1283 is a better cooler than the s1284, I could be wrong but I think it has something to do with how the heatpipes contact the CPU, maybe Zero will post and shed some light on that.
 
Back
Top