• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thermaltake Silent Purepower

p0stal

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
381
Ok...some last minute, money-saving changes...
I was going to get a Fortron 530W PSU from newegg which was about $75 ( - shipping) but I was looking around today and I found a Thermaltake Silent Purepower 480W PSU with Black housing, Xaser Edition. The 12v rail is listed at 18A. Is this PSU reliable? Will it provide enough power for the system in my sig?
Thanks for any advice/comments.
++EDIT++ Oh yea...heres the link to both PSU's
Thermaltake http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-153-007&depa=0&manufactory=BROWSE
Fortron
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-104-968&depa=0
 
Helloooo?? 22 views and no replies?? cmon u guys, lets hear some input!
+BUMP+
 
p0stal said:
Ok...some last minute, money-saving changes...

I will again express a sentiment Im now famous for

it is better to run your computer from a cardboard box,
than shortchange it with a cheap power supply

but that is just an opinion, I havent run the numbers on your config
and lack real info on the Thermaltake

Id recommend you do run those numbers
how and why being explained in the Watts dont mean Jack Sticky Thread

PS, I clicked on this 23 times before I answered :p

do the legwork (break out what the calc lists for your config in amps per rail)
and I'll help you weight the tradeoffs
 
Merrrrr...but im soooo lazy..lol...anyways I decided to spend the extra $20 or however much it is and get the Fortron. I decided that since I spent so much already, I would rather spend a little more to keep it all running.

it is better to run your computer from a cardboard box,
lol, my friend is actually thinking about taking his old computer and doing that with it. :rolleyes:
 
FreiDOg said:

that is a good review
which is unusual
considering how many think they know how to review a PSU

half the time someone links a review I have to bitch slap em
and explain my dog could do a better writeup :p

thanx for the link, I'll add him as a reliable source
 
Back
Top