Thermaltake Level 20 Case Unveiled

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Given that it has been almost 10 years since we first saw the Thermaltake Level 10 case in Taipei in 2009, it seems fitting that the Level 20 is finally upon us a decade later and is being celebrated at Computex. Thermaltake has kept the original feel of the Level 10, but of course shoehorned a bunch of new features into the case, and I have to say I like the looks of it. The Level 10 was originally designed by BMW. The Level 20 keeps its compartmentalized approach, which has gotten a lot more popular in the last few years, and can we get a big "Thank TT!" for getting us four USB 3 up front along with a Type C port as well?

Pics.

Back in 2010, a $700 PC case was unheard of, and it sure got a lot of folks excited, including us. You can check out the old unboxing video below, with a bunch of pictures here. The Level 10 lived on a good while, and you can see the reviews of the Level 10 GT here, and the Level 10 Battle Eidtion here. We actually used the original Level 10 for about 5 years and it did us well.

Video.

Featuring a gaming oriented design with architectural aesthetics, the aluminum-made Level 20, utilizes an aerodynamic trio chamber structure to achieve ventilation and space management optimization. The Three hinged swing-doors are made with premium-quality 4mm thick tempered glass windows that provide durability and superb viewing capability. The Level 20 is installed with latest USB 3.1 Type-C port to provide 10Gb/s of transmission speed. Furthermore the Level 20 has three built in Riing Plus 14 RGB Fans, two Lumi Plus LED Strips and one Riing Plus Digital Controller, which controlled by TT RGB PLUS Software, allowing users to custom control fan speeds and lighting effects. Compatible with the latest PC hardware, AIO and DIY liquid cooling solutions, the commemorative Level 20 delivers not just an unprecedented design but also jaw dropping performance.

Looks pretty nice.

From what I can tell it's a really big case as well.

Hope you get one to review.
Might be a nice upgrade from my Corsair 800D

ROTFLMFAO!

EDIT: Why is this man laughing? My 24" Tower from about 1996 is still just fine. Its got lots of room and I have put, I think, 5 builds in it. It goes under the desk like all decent towers and I can see the front, painted red in the early 21st century, and the silly glow from the GTX 1070, I just use EVGA and its got leds, lights up the side without a cover. Cooling is not problem.

I guess there's a market for these toys, but it sure ain't me.

Last edited:
I don't like how they only give you USB C on the medium size XT - no dice on the smaller VT which is the one I'd consider.

Making feature tiers by case size really sucks.

Man those are some nice cases. I prolly wouldn't spend more than 200 on a case though. I've been wanting to do something new for awhile and leaning toward some wall mounted unit.

I've been wanting to do something new for awhile and leaning toward some wall mounted unit.

I really like Thermaltake case designs like Level 10 and Core P3, etc. I just did a build a few weeks ago using the Core P3 with tempered glass (get the glass version, plastic is ok but over time will scratch and etc and you'll wind up dropping another $40 for the glass replacement) and it looks great and I can hang it on my wall using a VESA wall mount ... what's not too like?

Photo is not too good, looks way better in real life. The glass is slightly tinted (smoked) and since the NZXT motherboard came with 2 LED strips and a built-in digital LED controller I'm thinking of lighting things up from behind the glass - should look really nice if done right
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PeaKr
like this
Yeah. No thanks. Not my cup of tea.

Thanks for giving me the info to know that up front though!

Eh, thermaltake. Take it from me, I sell Tt products, and their quality is a 7/10 at best.

wow, i never really liked their products, but they changed a lot since last time. this looks like a great series of cases.

question is price?

Wow. This has a lot of room. A tower indeed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Firefox_20180605-222339.jpg
    Screenshot_Firefox_20180605-222339.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 0
I really like the look of the TT Level 20 though I wish I had the room for a larger tower these days in my office. I miss having all the room and being able to fit whatever the hell hardware I want in it. Unfortunately I have been forced to down size with each new build to save space for other things on/around my desk and even my current build is starting to get a little cramped. :(

20180606_033715975_iOS.jpg

Maybe for my next build I will finally get off my lazy ass and do the custom PC in Desk setup I have always wanted.

Last edited:
OMG they have USB - C !!! Amazing.....only been 4 years and still no one has starting really looking at doing front panel ports that I have found, until now!

OMG they have USB - C !!! Amazing.....only been 4 years and still no one has starting really looking at doing front panel ports that I have found, until now!

There are a few that have it. The top end In Win 303, the top end Phanteks beast that costs $800 and a few others here and there.

There are a few that have it. The top end In Win 303, the top end Phanteks beast that costs $800 and a few others here and there.
Right but those are some high end cases. nothing mainstream has usb-c within reason. Im not going to drop $700 on a case just to have USB-C on my front panel. I'm a poor man lol.

I know the P3 does. Everything fits as it should, holes line up nicely, heavy gauge metal used throughout for the chassis, I don't have to fight the back panel to get it back on and the fit is excellent, the chrome glass stand-offs/screws are solid metal (and heavy) and I'm guessing it's highly polished stainless? The glass panel has properly designed rubber isolators ... it's a high quality, beautiful case folks. I got mine at a discount from ProVantage for $120 shipped and included the $30 riser cable.

really? my P3 back panel doesnt line up for shit. i have to push down and slam it pretty hard to get it to slide into position. the holes line up pretty well once its all together though. nothing line the lian li i replaced, unfortunately.

pretty shit paint on it though, and it does seem to be just paint. it scratches so easily.

overall i cant complain though. i paid $70 or $80 shipped for it, and i keep it wall mounted and hidden behind my tv.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
well, when I screwed down the PCI cage it does remove the paint underneath the screwhead but that's normal for any case. You would need an anodized case to not have the paint come off

Last edited:
Color me surprised. But how long have they been on the market? I saw the in-Win is less than a year old, Its taking the industry a really long time to adopt ubs-c. The only device I have at the moment is my pixel xl. I guess no one really cares as much for the truely universal plug lol.
Thanks for the links.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back