I Was thinking of ordering the Thermaltake DuctingMod but am not sure weather it works or not.... I have heard Very good things and not so good things... What do you all think?
Go or no go?
I got this just to see and no difference in temps.
It all depends on your heatsink really. The only thing this mod does is allow the small area under the fan to now get air.
Now, over the years, most good heatsink makers knew about this area under the fan and designed their heatsinks to either overcome it or to where it just doesn't matter.
You are likely to see only 1-2 degrees difference. That's it. It's not worth the price or hassle really.
Well i went ahead and ordered the ducting mod and i have a silent boost heatsink with ducting mod and a 80mm tornado bolted to the top.
The temp (OC'd) was 32-35 and now with the mod its running 26-32 range so i answered my own question. thx guys
I got the thermaltake ducking mod and it seems to work well, with my thermaltake silentboost heatsink and tornado fan. my keeps my processor (2200+ OC:2050mhz running at about 25degrees.
Here is the rig now that its installed.