• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thermaltake Chaser Gaming Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
The crew at XtremeComputing have posted a review of the Thermaltake Chaser gaming case today. If you are shopping for a case, you might want to check this one out.

Thermaltake has a reputation for building good-quality cases with attractive styling. Today I reviewed the Chaser MK-I, and found it lived up to the Thermaltake brand name. This case is really good – it has high build quality, a well-thought out configuration and plenty of cable-routing options.
 
I like the cable management on it. Well thought out on the cable runs. +1 for at least that part.
 
Seriously..what is with the trend lately of charging nearly $200 for steel and plastic? :confused:

Eff that, at that price it better be high quality aluminum. I do like the internals of it, just a shame they got cheap and made it from secc.
 
I want to know what is with the trend of not actually testing the thermal performance of cases in these "reviews".
 
Why can't there be a case that looks tasteful like Lian Li but offer this kind of cable management?
 
Aluminum vs steel, potato, potatoe.
I don't lug my machines around and I'd rather have thicker materials so I have no problems with steel. Not to say that aluminum is weak, inferior, etc. or anything. I've never had any "rattle-y" Lian Li cases like some people will claim.... guess my point is, alu vs steel is a really washed up debate. :cool: Aluminum also costs more (in general), then again there are plenty of high dollar steel cases as well (the Corsairs and the FT02 come to mind).
 
Aluminum vs steel, potato, potatoe.
I don't lug my machines around and I'd rather have thicker materials so I have no problems with steel. Not to say that aluminum is weak, inferior, etc. or anything. I've never had any "rattle-y" Lian Li cases like some people will claim.... guess my point is, alu vs steel is a really washed up debate. :cool: Aluminum also costs more (in general), then again there are plenty of high dollar steel cases as well (the Corsairs and the FT02 come to mind).

To be fair a high quality aluminum case isn't going to be lighter then a steel. If you want thicker, then aluminum is the way to go as it tends to be thicker for durability. The benefit to aluminum is its thermals more then anything. It just flat does a better job of cooling then any steel case I have ever seen. Now concerning the flimsy bit, yes cheap aluminum cases tend to be, though cheap steel ones are as well.

For me it comes down to quality. A high quality aluminum case is always going to be higher quality then a high quality steel case. I wouldn't ever pay more then $50 for a steel case no matter how high end they marketed it. Basically if I am paying $200+ for a case then it better be made of high quality aluminum.

On the more subjective note, I have 2 cases on primary machines mine and my wifes. Both cases are fairly high end quality cases. Mine is a Lian li, hers is a coolermaster. Both well known and respected brands. Hers is steel with an aluminum faceplate because she had to have that blue wavemaster case. Both computers have been treated exceptionally well, never kicked, dropped or the like. Both get regular tear downs and baths. My lian-li after 6 years looks like it did the day I pulled it out of a box, hers however looks like a well maintained used case. Even though it is a really good steel case, it just hadn't held up as well. No scratches or dents, it just doesn't look as sharp. That and the side of her case is getting increasingly harder to get on and off, no idea why as there is no visible damage. Again that is entirely subjective to my own personal experience. That however is still largely why I just completely refuse to pay serious money for a steel case.
 
I am sorry but this case is just plan ugly maybe for a 12yo kid for his local lan parties but meh...
 
Seriously..what is with the trend lately of charging nearly $200 for steel and plastic? :confused:

Eff that, at that price it better be high quality aluminum. I do like the internals of it, just a shame they got cheap and made it from secc.

Could not have agreed more.
 
Are we the ones who's jacking up the price or are the manufacturers simply making **** load of $$$ from us? Either way, the price for cases is too high comparing to those of the old days (5 yrs ago)
 
Back
Top