• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thermaltake Armor+ = Sexy

Glad this case wasnt out when I got my Lian Li PC-A70 or I might've been tempted to get it, Since I use to own the original armor, But I'm happy with my LiLi.
 
I've got an Antec PowerTrio 550W powering my Opty 165 @ 2.5 and 8800GTX's in sli.
 
I'm pissed off. This was supposed to be out in October/November, but now the official release is Jan 1st, with some people on the TT forums saying mid-Dec. I don't do a lot of mods or go overboard with overclocking, but I still wanted to get the LCS version for noise. No idea when that's coming out, and I want my new comp for winter break. There are alternatives, but I've been waiting long enough for this one to come out.
 
I find the top part to looks excessively....ricer plastic.
Aside from the thermaltake mozart, I havent seen them release anything, whats the word Im looking for? Mature.
They all look like riced out plastic boxes. And I have never been impressed with the quality of any of their products aside from the mozart.

to each his own i guess.
 
Aside from the thermaltake mozart, I havent seen them release anything, whats the word Im looking for? Mature.
They all look like riced out plastic boxes. And I have never been impressed with the quality of any of their products aside from the mozart.

QFT!
 
Yeah I think the plastic on top looks 'chinky', 'bunk', 'ghetto', 'cheezy', or 'insert other adjective here' for bad.
 
That's nicer than some other Thermaltake cases, but I've always found them to be gaudy and the build quality usually leaves something to be desired. Beyond that those flaps on the front of the Armor series are the most retarded things ever attached to a case.

They serve no purpose, and look like shit. I also agree that the bullshit plastic on top of it leaves much to be desired.
 
That's nicer than some other Thermaltake cases, but I've always found them to be gaudy and the build quality usually leaves something to be desired. Beyond that those flaps on the front of the Armor series are the most retarded things ever attached to a case.

They serve no purpose, and look like shit. I also agree that the bullshit plastic on top of it leaves much to be desired.

gaudy.. grr. Should've slapped that in there.
 
When I had my armor, I quickly took those fins off after they started rattling when I'd burn a dvd/cd.
 
When I had my armor, I quickly took those fins off after they started rattling when I'd burn a dvd/cd.

It looks pretty bad without them either since it was obviously designed to have them.
 
I prefer a case that isn't designed so badly to start with.
 
Thermaltake seems to be going the opposite way with many of their products. Going after the younger, immature crowd with lights, stickers and plastic.

Im glad that many of the real manufacturers have kept their dignity by sticking to clean cases that look impressive by design and function, rather then adding flashing ricer crap.
 
I love the interior of the case, however the exterior is as everyone else said riced out crap. If lianli made this case, but with a clean brushed aluminum exterior vs the plastic I would be all over it, (minus the gaudy sidepanel).

Also anyone notice the h20 setup is wrong? the resivoir is backwards and isnt even mounted down.
 
That's nicer than some other Thermaltake cases, but I've always found them to be gaudy and the build quality usually leaves something to be desired. Beyond that those flaps on the front of the Armor series are the most retarded things ever attached to a case.

They serve no purpose, and look like shit. I also agree that the bullshit plastic on top of it leaves much to be desired.

Yet the OP likes it... go figure...

Really, as with most things in life it comes down to preference.. what some people like, others don't. It's not my kind of thing either, but that doesn't mean that we're right for hating it and the OP is wrong for liking it.
 
Thermaltake seems to be going the opposite way with many of their products. Going after the younger, immature crowd with lights, stickers and plastic.

Im glad that many of the real manufacturers have kept their dignity by sticking to clean cases that look impressive by design and function, rather then adding flashing ricer crap.
+1

A few years ago I got some flashly light up case and now I find it to be more of an annoyance then anything else. Rockin' an Antec P182 now... nice and clean.
 
Thermaltake seems to be going the opposite way with many of their products. Going after the younger, immature crowd with lights, stickers and plastic.

Im glad that many of the real manufacturers have kept their dignity by sticking to clean cases that look impressive by design and function, rather then adding flashing ricer crap.

My, what a brazen statement. Besides your distaste for the looks, this case is severely flawed how? And I think your going after the "younger, immature" crowd is pretty ignorant. My mom--I shall not give her age--has a law degree and successfully raised a family, yet when I asked her what case she wanted for her new computer, she chose a cheap one on newegg because it looked like a car and had headlights. Does that necessarily make her immature, or maybe she just likes to have something different that doesn't blend in with everything else in the house as some of these cardboard box cases do? I personally like this case for its size, its optional cooling, built in LCS (not what's pictured, but what comes with the case), and many of the little things that make it an overall great product. I'd never turn a case down simply because it didn't look right; if it's more functional and cooler than other cases, I'm all for it. To each his own though.
 
wow, sounds like someone will make somebody else a good wife one day. :D

Maybe thermaltake was going for the 'plastic vagina on the top of your case' look.
 
My, what a brazen statement. Besides your distaste for the looks, this case is severely flawed how? And I think your going after the "younger, immature" crowd is pretty ignorant. My mom--I shall not give her age--has a law degree and successfully raised a family, yet when I asked her what case she wanted for her new computer, she chose a cheap one on newegg because it looked like a car and had headlights. Does that necessarily make her immature, or maybe she just likes to have something different that doesn't blend in with everything else in the house as some of these cardboard box cases do? I personally like this case for its size, its optional cooling, built in LCS (not what's pictured, but what comes with the case), and many of the little things that make it an overall great product. I'd never turn a case down simply because it didn't look right; if it's more functional and cooler than other cases, I'm all for it. To each his own though.

toss a type R sticker and a rear spoiler on it and your off to the races.

Im just saying that they seem to make cases aimed at the same kind of people who dig ricers and watch movie like tokoyo drift....people who I consider immature.

its all about personal preference, and I see the urber tricked out ricer cases as fuck-ugly monstrosities that scream "look at me! Im an attention whore"....now Im not saying that this TT case in particular is rice, but its leaning in that direction and TT in general seems to be going that way. All that when a number of other companies make sleeker, cleaner and more functional cases.
You wouldnt see this or many other TT cases in an office or such....but more in a dorm room or 14 year old's bedroom surrounded by Gundam posters and hotwheels cars.

but, thats just my opinion.
 
I just built a new computer with an armor series VA8003SWA and it made me hate building computers. My friend has a Silverstone TJ-09 and because he already had the case I wanted to get something comperable and a little less expensive... what a huge mistake. The cables for the USB and firewire ports are poorly labeled. The side panel highlights all of the areas you don't want it to(if you're into that thing). The motherboard tray may as well be worth less, and as for good wire management, you may as well call it a day. Overall i'm fairly unsatisfied with my purchase, but thats the breaks. On a good note though, the stock fans are quite and keep the case cool, I dig the 250mm side fan but it doesn't help significantly consider the trouble this case caused me. The stupid hard disk clips are god awful and don't hold hard drives in their bays very well at ALL, I had to add some screws and do a few things to it to make sure it was wasnt rattling in there! I'll most certainly never buy another thermaltake case again, awful experience, but atleast it's cold and looks okay. Oh one more thing, the pain is so cheap it pains me NOT WORTH THE MONEY sack up and get a silverstone.
 
P.S. I know this is a different armor series and the guy is using watercooling... but I needed to rant about how much I hate this case.
 
...but more in a dorm room or 14 year old's bedroom surrounded by Gundam posters and hotwheels cars.
LOL, some people are supprised what case I bought. I'm 17, and I bought a Lian Li V2000B without the window. Not flashy at all...:D
 
P.S. I know this is a different armor series and the guy is using watercooling... but I needed to rant about how much I hate this case.

I just sold my armor case, The cooling wasnt that great for me compared to my new case.
 
This ist just fugly.
Fubar.
totally awful.
A perfect example how to ruin a case that was quite good to start with.
It looks as if you pimped your Volkswagen Golf Diesel with some "L33tautopartsfors4le"-Stuff
 
Is it me or do I see ten PCI slots??

I also concur on the flaps. Ugliest, most inconvenient, retarded things ever to appear on a case.

Plastic + steel = no no.

For me, 100% aluminum or bust.
 
Is it me or do I see ten PCI slots??

I also concur on the flaps. Ugliest, most inconvenient, retarded things ever to appear on a case.

Plastic + steel = no no.

For me, 100% aluminum or bust.

I don't care what the case is made out of. My P190 is aluminum and steel. What I do care about is clean looks which that monstrosity doesn't have.
 
I don't think the case looks THAT bad, but I would probably never buy one. But I must say that the build in that pic is very nice.
 
I don't think the case looks THAT bad, but I would probably never buy one. But I must say that the build in that pic is very nice.

Oh without a doubt the build inside it is very well done.

The case still looks like ass.
 
Oh without a doubt the build inside it is very well done.

The case still looks like ass.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but it looks to me as if the fan for the radiator is blowing straight into the intake on his 8800. That would immediately qualify the build as "ass" in my book. But then again, I'm different.
 
This is just an observation, but it seems like the less experience you have w/ custom/non dell computers the more likely you are to like the flashy cases because they're unfamiliar and new. This is why some old people like the Thermaltakes, and how people tend to like them less and less the more they have them. It has nothing to do with age I think...
 
Okay...I haven't done water cooling before and it has been 10 years since I've done any fluid math. However, are today's water cooling systems air tight? Because that is the only way I can guess that there is still an air pocket in the reservoir in this picture:

http://www.legionhardware.com/pic.php?image=/Pics/Thermaltake_Armor_Plus/Image_16.jpg

I always though better systems kept the reservoir with a large volume and air gap above all the other fluids in order accommodate for thermal expansion/evaporation/etc?
 
Back
Top