• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thermaltake Armor owners

maximus1284

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 18, 2007
Messages
179
I bought my armor for $125 with no clue one with a side intake fan even existed. I wonder if that fan makes that big of a deal, and I wonder why they decided to release one WITH a side fan and one without a side fan. if I had known about the side fan, I probably would have paid the extra $25 or so for it.

I can't imagine the side fan would make THAT big a difference as it isn't that powerful to begin with, and I wonder if it actually disrupts airflow in the case from front to back. I'm sure the 4 fans do an adequate job on their own, but an extra fan never hurts...

anyway...would anyone with the armor +side fan be willing to measure their CPU and mobo idle/load temps with the fan on/off? please list what kind of mobo you have, CPU cooler, and any additional mobo cooling, and how fast you are running your fans (percentage)

thanks
 
Like You I bought my Armor without the side fan, but it was not available then. I bought the whole door and fan together from performance-pcs.com. If you have active cooling on your motherboard and great airflow it probably will not that much difference. It lowered my Asus P5N32-SLI temps 7 Degree Celcius as well as my case temp as well. As previously metioned, it blockes the view of the motherboard.

Walt
 
holy crap, I didn't know I could buy this seperately. too bad its over $30...I'll probably get it anyway. based on the newegg reviews, it sounds like it makes a difference too
 
I bought the one specifically without the window, and if it had been available, without the fan too.
 
Can you buy those big ass fans separately?

Yes, you can - @ performance-pcs. They have the 250mm (22cm/220mm actual size iirc) in either lighted (blue) or non...And the ~200mm black Antec "Big Boy"(?) fan.

ps I was doing a minor dust cleanup on my Armor earlier today, and noticed the fan (unlighted) has mounts for the LEDs (5) already..IOW, should be real easy to rig LED colors of your choice to one of them (or the PPCs versions too).
 
Back
Top