Thermaltake Armor Jr or Armor Qs

TicTac

Limp Gawd
I am having difficult on deciding on a case for my build, these are the specs:

2 hard drives (raptor + 160gb IDE)
Antec Smartpower II 500w
Asus A8n-Sli Deluxe (? might sell and buy a better one)
AMD 3800+ X2
Geforce 6200TC

I have a few questions:

1) Is the Armor worth £30 ($55) more than the Armor Jr, would the larger space mean my temps were significantly lower? How much easier would it be to keep cables tidier in the Armor rather than the Armor Jr. .?

2) How much quieter would the steel black version be? (resonates less?)

Anyone got any better recomendations for a case sub £90 (preferably £80 $140) that has a window, is relatively large and is relatively quiet and looks good?

Thanks in advance.

My new build included the armour case. I love this case. Coming from a mid-tower case where everything was cramped, wire management was next to imposssible. The armour is a big case and very easy to work in and wire management a breeze. I highly recommend this case!

Thats what I keep thinking - I wnat a large roomy case with lots of space.

But then I think cases like the Armor are overkill in size and for 'servers' when my home pc is anything but a server. .

Thanks for the info though, If I can afford it I probably am going to get the windowed black one. .

I have the original Armor; black with a window. First all, I must say, I really like this case.
The pros:
It is really big. Very roomy, plenty of space and lots of upgrade paths.
there are plenty of drive bays, you can add a second hard drive bay in the front that accompanies a 120 mm fan.
Having 2 120 mm intake fans in the front really helps temps, especially if you have a large heatsink like a zalman 9500 or big typhoon.
The 90 mm exaust fan for the upper hard drive cage in the back also helps with temps.

some of the things I didn't like about it:

it is very heavy, and kind of hard to move.

the screwless design for the back io plates SUCKS. two broke while trying to get them tight enough to hold in my cards and 1 wouldn't stay seated, I got rid of it almost immeadiatly and went with some nice thumb screws.

the rear exaust fan burned out after 1 year of use.
I wasn't particulary impressed with the air flow with the stock fans over the last year, so i recently replaced the 3 120 mm fans with some shiny new Aerocool 86 SCFM ones. Much better temps.

I was never vary fond of the upper usb/ headphone jack at the top of the case. I removed it during my last rebuild and added another 120 mm fan.

I wish the interior came black from the factory....

I just finished modding mine to have a black interior. Looks much better in my oppinion.

As far as the jr.

If I were to randomly buy another case, i would probably go with the JR this time. I really like the layout. It has some features that seem directed towards the modder community, like a drive bay that shows off your raptor x.

Yes I have seen pics of the black interior, they should come that way. I forgot to add I also bought the side panel with the 25cm fan. I am a fan guy and this fan is just too cool!

Back