• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thermaltake Armor A30 Build

1_legged_sheep

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 20, 2010
Messages
397
Planning my latest build. The Armor A30 and Cooler Master Geminii S are already on order. The Geminii S should fit with about 5mm to spare according to other reports on the web. I'll update this thread with pics of the build when everything arrives.

Parts List:
Case: TT Armor A30 (ordered)
Power Supply: SilverStone Strider Plus ST50F-P 500W
Power Supply Cables: Short cable set for Strider PS's
MB: ASRock Z68 PRO3-M
CPU: 2500K
Vid Card: HIS IceQ 6870
Heatsink: Cooler Master Geminii S (ordered)
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
SSD: 60gb OCZ Solid 3
HD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb
DVD: LG DVDRW
Misc: Blue Cold Cathode kit
Misc2: Antec 120mm Blue replacement fan for Geminii S

I'm ordering the remainder of the parts tomorrow morning. If you see something obvious I goofed on let me know.
 
Last edited:
what happened with your SG05 build sheeps?
you didn't keep us posted.
In this build you are missing GPU
 
I sold the SG05, a semi-friend wanted it so I sold it to him for a reasonable price. I've been wanting to try out the Z68 chipset anyhoo.
 
no clue why you went with that case, quite horrible. But that's just my opinion.

That top fan is 3/4 blocked by the PSU, it's got tiny 60mm fans that don't move much air, an 1 intake fan 92mm, which also never delivers enough air.

It's just an awful case, plenty of much better designed M-ATX cases out there.

On the flipside, good luck with the build
 
no clue why you went with that case, quite horrible. But that's just my opinion.

That top fan is 3/4 blocked by the PSU, it's got tiny 60mm fans that don't move much air, an 1 intake fan 92mm, which also never delivers enough air.

It's just an awful case, plenty of much better designed M-ATX cases out there.

On the flipside, good luck with the build

LOL, exactly my point, from last year:D
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1568678

"The top 230mm fan is blocked by PSU.
1X 90mm intake, 1X 230mm and 2X60mm exhaust, WTF?!! "

Same opinion, DON'T BUY IT!!!
 
Eh, it's mainly for bling. My bling systems seem to sell faster then non-bling systems. The vid card is UV reactive and I picked up a UV cold cathode kit for it. With the vid card, power supply, and the blue LED fans it should look semi nice.

The thermals could be better on another case but sandy-bridge runs pretty cool to start so I think I'll be fine. The last of the parts come in Thursday. I used that Geminii-S on my first SG05 build (link HERE ) and it did great even with me having to mod the heatpipes on it. I'll try to get some benchmarks (with temps) posted this weekend along with build picks for anyone who is A30 curious.
 
Back
Top