ThermalRock!!!!

BTX style....cool.
Novelty of storing cds on door.....eh, cool if you like it.
No removable mobo tray......not cool.
Air intake from the front......huh? I don't see how it gets in!
Hobbit hole side window......weird.

Overall.......buy it if you like it. That is what all case buying choices basically come down to.

WTF are we looking at here? Is that an optical drive or something made to appear like one?

ya know if i wasnt going to lans every 2 weeks or so then i probably would but it its nice looking and with the cd storage it amkes your most used cds/dvds right there at the bays

my old baby at 386 workstation case totally pwnes that thing.

hey, kyle, can we add a puke emoticon for whenever we see this case? (j/k)

Now, If it could read 4 discs in that front panel, then it'd be really cool.

Oh well I guess innovation is better than imitation.
But I still think its ugly.

I'd buy that case if the front was actually a CD player with a preout. Good idea if you do it properly but thermaltake can't see to do anything right these days.

Whats funny is their site says nothing about this case. Does give me a case mod idea with the disc's in the front though :)

not :mad:

u_DR_K13

u_DR_K13

DaRkF0g said:
Whats funny is their site says nothing about this case. Does give me a case mod idea with the disc's in the front though :)

Newegg mislabeled it. Here is the manufacturer's page.

Gotta admit, it's different...

To each his own I guess...but it's not to my liking. It's not as gaudy as some of the cases out there, but I still wouldn't use that case even if it were given to me for free.

I think I'll pass on the hobbit hole as well... heh.

FunkStar said:
I'd buy that case if the front was actually a CD player with a preout. Good idea if you do it properly but thermaltake can't see to do anything right these days.

i agree w/ you about thermaltake not doing anything right nowadays, but this is ANOTHER thermal-type company. ThermalRock is the companies.

i personally dont understand why you guys hate it so much. it really doesnt look bad.

I can take or leave the appearance, but I do like the interior lay out, it would be easy to put a 12 cm heaterblock and shroud on that front intake fan and the drives and pwr supply being compartmented has seemed to work out well for other companies, I suppose the CD storage on the front door isn't too gaudy. My only concern would be if the front fan has adequate airflow with the front door closed. I might buy it....

Ok, if your CD's were all the same color and weren't scrathed the #$@! up like mine, it could possibly look ok. I certainly wouldn't use their seemingly-useless CD's they include in the package.

I agree that if the case could read from those cd's (or from DVD's), it would suddenly kick @$$.. THEN I would want one. As is, NO THANKS.

I think this is a Thermaltake case. If you look at the picture on newegg, Thermaltake with the Tt logo is displayed above the case. You guys are right, however, that thermaltake.com shows no signs of knowing about this case.

Ugly IMO.

newegg description said:
Features: ...elegant aluminum front door with acrylic panel and exchangeable CD storage

elegant - just what i always wanted to bring to a lan party. i never liked bringing extreme... actually this case looks like it belongs in one of those post-modernist homes where they have white walls, the giant vase with the plastic flowers / pussy willows sticking out, and that really weird artsy furniture.

The cd thing is cool, but it would be a hell of a lot cooler if each of those held 1 cd and could function as a usb2.0 drive cascade. THAT would be worth having. No need to change discs when switching between games etc...

edit: and their slogan for this product.... "Circle - it completes you" uggghhhh
Showimage.asp

now if any of you were really hardcore and love this design, you'd realize that CD players/basic drives have minimal electronics, and if you really wanted to you could just take out the PCBs and mount them to the inside of the front door. the best i would be able to do would be to wire a CD player to the front, b/c i'm in no mood to try and cut up a DVD drive and string an IDE cable all the way to the motherboard.

ps: if any of you try this, at least give me credit.

If anyone was hardcore they'd realize this is the biggest ripoff in case history. That "CD storage system" is a blatant ripoff of the classy, and very old Bang & Olufsen BEOLAB 9000 http://www.bang-olufsen.com/sw1549.asp It's a very poor ripoff at that. This company should be sued into oblivion. They claim to be full of innovation. Since when is copying the design of a fully functional music system and making it into a non-functional decorative piece of trash innovative. If you try that idea, give B&O engineers of the early 1990's credit.

Wow, the interior is a direct copy of the SilverStone TJ06 just without the wind tunnel.

if they would actaully be functional drives that would be cool, but this is just another plastic piece of garbage.
man i love my new Lian Li :D :D

Another damn TJ06 ripoff

I think a litlte competition is good, but 4 seperate manufacturers releasing cases with the same Internal layout in the last month, thats just boring.

damnit lets get some originality out of these guys

btw cd holder doesnt count as originality because mostly it looks goofy (personal opinion)

BossNoodleKaboodle said:
If anyone was hardcore they'd realize this is the biggest ripoff in case history. That "CD storage system" is a blatant ripoff of the classy, and very old Bang & Olufsen BEOLAB 9000 http://www.bang-olufsen.com/sw1549.asp It's a very poor ripoff at that. This company should be sued into oblivion. They claim to be full of innovation. Since when is copying the design of a fully functional music system and making it into a non-functional decorative piece of trash innovative. If you try that idea, give B&O engineers of the early 1990's credit.

ok, i realize it's a knock off of B&0, but you forgot to include Nakamichi as well. Heck, how about all of those cheap knock offs made by Teac? Thanks for pointing it out what I thought would be obvious - I figured everyone has seen these by now, and hopefully some people even own some of the higher-class ones. I was trying to make the best of a situation. Marketing is all about either making trends, or trying to keep up with the wave. But now the question is if you've seen one that has a CD/DVD drive instead of an Audio player. Optimism is good.

oh yeah - even though there have been 4 releases of the same internal case style, at least the outsides are different. at least we have some sort of choice of what we want the outside to look like, instead of having to get the same one as everyone else.

as a counter to that, i realize that there probably aren't a lot of people who will see another case like theirs in person, but like i said, try to be happy about it.

Don't forget the Sharper Image, who sells Nakamichi and the ripoffs as well. I've got a Nakamichi SS-8(see the show off your speaker system posts). Nakamichi made a 5 disk Music Bank CD-ROM drive for PC's and servers back in the day.

This is one of those products I'd like to buy so I could set it on fire and watch it burn.

sorry that is the BIGGEST B&O rip off in history. it actually manages to cheapen the B&O image and the case should be banned immediately.

just my 2c :p

Heh, when I see that case, I am reminded of that internet classic "Tokyo Breakfast" for some reason...

"If anyone calls for your grandpa, tell them, this ........ gone fishing!"

OMG I luv it!!! Kinda reminds me of the yuppy stereos at the Sharper Image.

Back