Thermalright XP-90C? How does it fair.....

MapleSyrupMods

Bring on Titan X Volta
compared to the classic XP-90. Im debating on getting this, as I dont feel like getting the XP-120, and I know its all copper, but even if someone could direct me to a link that would be great.

I heard it comes within a degree or two of the XP-120. The regular XP-90 is still attractive to me due to the low weight and cost.

Well, all I can say is that I love my XP90C, just be careful with it! The fins bend so easy.

you can bet that if the reviews that thermalright chooses to link from their own site are showing only about 1C improvement over the XP-90, then most people will not get a lot more than that.

i'm not saying that it's dishonest or anything of the sort, just that it doesn't make sense for thermalright to link anything other than the best reviews that they have.

ryuji said:
or they link to ALL the reviews
are you saying that they DO link all review, or that they should?

basically, all that i am trying to say is that it doesn't do much better than the normal XP-90. that is to say that it does WELL, but the difference between the two is not going to be enought to make or break an overclock.

DFI Daishi said:
enought to make or break an overclock.
agreed, if your that close to the limit of air cooling you need to buy wc(like i am :p )

Well, the price/performance ratio of the XP-90 is the best of the three as far as I can see (xp-90/xp-90c/xp-120), but the XP-90C just has the sex-appeal of copper...but also comes with the badass weight. I perfer my XP-120 as it weighs less, and can handle more CFM as it takes a 120mm fan on top. ;)

xp-120 is as close to water as you get

Quite some time ago maybe, now there are better things, such as the tuniq tower, ultra 120/extreme etc. The xp-90c performs just as well as the xp-120 but is smaller and heavier.

good job resurrecting a old thread, look at the date of the post :rolleyes: close to water as you get was taking noise and performance into mind

Back