• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thermalright xp 90 + Panaflo quick question

They are case fans, but you can mount them to the XP-90 with the clips on the heatsink. Everyone does it. I bought a Panaflo case fan 120mm for my XP-120 and it just clips on fine.
 
There are three 92.0 x 92.0 x 25.5 mm on newegg. There are a few categories which I don't know anything about.

Fan 1
Bearing Type Hydro Wave
RPM 2450
Air Flow 48.0
Noise Level 38.0
Rated Voltage: 24V

Fan 2
Bearing Type Hydro Wave
RPM 2450
Air Flow 48.0
Noise Level 38.0
Rated Voltage: 12V

Fan 3
Bearing Type Hydro Wave
RPM 2850rpm
Air Flow 56.8cfm
Noise Level 35dBA

Fan 1 and 2 seem to be the same except the Rated Voltage...but what does that mean? Looks like they both have the same flow and rpm, what advantage do you get with 12 more volts?

Fan 3 was at the bottom of NewEgg's list. Seems to have the most RPM and Air flow with lower noise level. The fan didn't specify the voltage. It was also the cheapest of the three.

1 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835180089
2 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835180088
3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835180052
 
theres the ultra version that pushes 60 some cfm at 40 some db. i have that

sidewindercomputers.com

thats where i got mine, cheap and good
 
I purchased the Thermalright XP-90C from SVC.com for my A64 3700+ and then got the Panaflow 92mm high speed version of the fan from Coolerguys.

So far at load this fan keeps my CPU at a cool 105F (old rig was about 117F) and about 100F on idle. It got even cooler when I brought my computer up to work so to show some co-workers. The AC at my house sucks so the difference between work and home was sad.

Here is a screenshot of my temps that I took while at work, this was after I got done showing off some murderous fun in GTA:SA.

stayingcool.jpg


After having a great experience with this Heatsink so far, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good air cooling solution. Those 92mm Panaflow fans are awesome as well, don't substitute for anything else! :)
 
no. the XP-90 is much cheaper, cools about the same, and won't warp your mobo (the XP-90c might).

I would get this one:
"Fan 2
Bearing Type Hydro Wave
RPM 2450
Air Flow 48.0
Noise Level 38.0
Rated Voltage: 12V "

"2 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16835180088"

Fan 3 is too loud for me.
 
The XP-90C is an all copper solution. If you are a first time buyer and want to save a little cash, go with the aluminum version. The regular 90 is all aluminum and there is only about a 2-3 degree temp difference between the two. If you already own the XP-90 there is no reason to get the copper version. I was a first time buyer and went ahead and got the all copper version just for the hell of it. Here is a pic of it on my MSI SLI motherboard.

xp90c.jpg


Installed in Lian Li PC-V1000B case, thats why its near the bottom. :D

The bracket that also came with it that replaces the stock one on the motherboard was pretty simple to install, just remove a couple of screws. Thats what the XP-90(C) attaches itself to.
 
svc.com has the copper one for $54 with shipping (47+7). That's pretty good considering I was content with buying the regular xp90 for $43. I don't mind spending an extra 10$ for 3-4 degrees lower.
 
The XP-90 should be like $37 compared to $60 for XP-90c (on newegg). Big price difference, and I'd be surprised if you saw 4c difference. Probably 2-3c (with emphasis on the 2). Not worth it for the mobo stress (since it hangs out in the air in most cases, that lian li may be an exception, there seems to be a metal plate just about supporting it). If you transport your case often, DEFINITELY not the XP-90c.

Hmm, on froogle, it seems the XP-90c is more like $50 average, but the XP-90 can be found for $32 as well, so that's still $13-18 difference.

XP-90 gets my vote.
 
I'm going to order the XP-90 as well, but I'm wondering how loud is this fan, compared to the others?
 
Please, be aware that Panaflo makes a lot of fans and for the same dimensions, there are mainly 4 models..

L for Low speed
M for medium
H for High
U for Ultra high

You may find the best noise to airflow ratio by comparing the specs. If you don't mind the noise then the Ultra is you best bet. I went for the Medium one with RPM output. It pushes 49 CFM while still at 30dBa which is almost silent.

What I say about Panaflo fans is also true for any manufacturer. Panaflo are among the best in the industry. They are relatively low priced for the quality. The highest quality is Papst (made in germany) but they are highly priced and very hard to find.

Para
 
question about the xp-90...

I plan to get a AMD 64 3200+ Venice and a DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra-D

i looked at the .pdf manual on thermalright's site and it says i have to remove the stock RM (Retaining Mechanism? the black plastic square thing?) and use nail polish remover...

i'm alittle worried i might kill the motherboard...can someone please explain the process?
 
DraGun said:
question about the xp-90...

I plan to get a AMD 64 3200+ Venice and a DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra-D

i looked at the .pdf manual on thermalright's site and it says i have to remove the stock RM (Retaining Mechanism? the black plastic square thing?) and use nail polish remover...

i'm alittle worried i might kill the motherboard...can someone please explain the process?
I'm not sure what the nail polish remover is for, but it's very simple to remove the stock backing plate. Just take out 2-4 screws, swap out the plate,install screws..you're done. I don't have the dfi board, but asus had a beefy metal back plate installed, but I changed it anyways.
 
I have the regular model and it's a great heatsink, don't see hight temps at all. The core of the heatsink is nickel plated copper, the fins are aluminium.
 
is their an LED heatsink fan (92mm) for a xp-90?
im looking for something quiet and pushes a lot of air also hehe. reply pls!
 
Back
Top