Thermalright TRUE Spirit 120M BW Rev.A enough for the 9700K?

Synomenon

Supreme [H]ardness
Looks like the 9700K runs hot as well. Would my current heatsink be good enough?

TRUE Spirit 120M BW Rev.A
http://thermalright.com/product/true-spirit-120m-bw-rev-a/

It's in a Corsair 380T. The airflow goes straight through, front-to-back:

GviKZiR.jpg

Ignore the part where it shows a radiator, I've already decided to stick with air cooling.

I guess even the 9700K would be too hot for my current HSF to handle?

altho a bit dated its still a solid cooler. most likely it will come down to how loud the TR fan is ramped up? if you can handle the noise its worth a shot. i cant remember what its capacity is supposed to be and tr doesnt list it for that cooler.

I replaced all my fans with Corsair ML fans. If my Amazon order would just ship already I could test this.

im running 3 of the ml120 rgbs through an xspc rx360 rad, they are solid but a little on the loud side at 80-100% (may be because of the filter in front of them). they move a really good amount of air tho. i run mine at around 60-65%. the 140 rgbs are silent even at 100% but dont move as much air as the 120s sadly. with that set up you should have excellent air flow through the case and hsf.

As long as your case fans are flowing cool air (air at or near room ambient) TRUE Spirit 120M should cool i9 9700k with no problems.

I think you're good. I'm running the old old AXP 140 on a 9700k in my ITX case, a 180mm intake fan and a 140mm heatsink fan. The CPU stays at 30C idle and never passes 60C in game. OC is not tested yet.

Back