Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
No shelf life I am aware of. Over time the "silver" particles settle out somewhat leaving a clear fluid. Very little, if any, temp difference between AS3 and AS5.
I used AS3 on my 2.6C@3.25 with stock cooler and it was awesome idle was 27C load 41C. AS5 is 26C and load 39C I didnt get a huge diffence but I bought it so I could get that little extra bit of cooling. I also lapped this heatsink . I think im getting all I can get out of this little heatsink. If I had like a SP-94 the temp might drop more because that cooler is better then the stock heat sink. I think these are good temps with this stock cooler. But my 2 30 cfm fan, vantec tornado 80mm full speed(have to turn off alot cause its fricken loud....) thermaltake Smart Fan full speed and my 120mm fan that runs on 120volt flowing like 130cfm<---pretty quiet... helps those temps.