• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thermalright SI 97 -> anygood?

SlasherDNA

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 20, 2004
Messages
421
good day.


Atm, I have TT Volcano9+ as a CPU cooling unit, but it holds my CPU @ 64C idle, though its on 2800rpm (max is 5400rpm -> F16 Falcon takeoff). I am looking for something that will cool my CPU better, @least 50C. I also want a quiet pc. Volcano9+ on 2800rpm is almost unhearable, but cools shit on those low rpm's.

Do you have any suggestions? 7000AlCu Zalman doesnt fit on my mobo :(

I was looking @ this also, anyone have any experience with this or heard any rumors howmuch is good (or sux?)?

http://www.cool-pc.org/shopimages/si97_v.jpg
http://www.cool-pc.org/shopimages/si97a_v.jpg
http://www.cool-pc.org/shopimages/si97b_v.jpg

Its ALL Aluminium (Al), only the socket clip (i dont know the word) is from copper (Cu).
Weight: 284g
Heatpipe sistem
You can put a 80 or 92mm fan on it.

CPU is AXP 2500+ @ 3200+
m0b0: Gigabyte Ga7n400L

Cheers //
 
My questions are too much superior for your little minds, i guess? :D

Okey, really noone knows? :(
 
That's one of the best Socket A heatsinks ever made. Just make sure your board is compatible by checking thermalright's website and you should be good to go.
 
I have the SI-97 with a 92mm Nexus on top volted down to 7v on my Barton 2500+ (at 2500+). Idle at about 40C and peak at about 50-52C. It's very, very quiet. Noisiest part of my computer are the hard drives.
 
SlasherDNA said:
Would it be big difference, if having a fan on SI-97 or having no fan on it?
It is meant to have a fan on it. If you don't want much nose use a Panaflo.
 
Hm, I though that is your decision wether to put a fan on or not. Yes, temps would be bigger without a fan, though in pc store when I watched this product, it just said "possible instalation of a 80 or 92mm fan". Possible, which I though its not necessery?
 
if you want passive get a zalman flower...gonna run fairly hot tho
 
Back
Top